What can I do?

Caroline

What can *I* do?

Post by Caroline » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:49 pm

I am so frustrated! I am furious! I am sad and confused and so angry about what the Bush administration is doing in Haiti. I dispise this government and the mass atrocities they are commiting around the world. I talk to people about it every day. I bring the subject up and tell the truth about what the U.S. has done to Haiti's democratically elected leader. I talk about it on the bus, I print out things from this forum and other news sources (the honest ones, rare as they may be). And my room mate and I have started having women's groups to talk about what the U.S. government is doing. But, no matter how much I talk about it, call my representatives, pass out news articles, etc... I just don't feel like I'm doing a damn thing that matters. I still feel so freaking impotent! I am thinking about going to Haiti and scream in the faces of those U.S. Marines, "Shame on YOU! SHAME ON YOU!
!!"

What can I do? Does anything I do really make any difference? I mean, short of blowing you-know-who's brains out, is there anything that one person can do that will change anything?

Any ideas are surely welcome.

Caroline

Thank you!

Post by Caroline » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:24 pm

Marilyn -- thank you so much! Its really good to know I'm not alone and that perhaps the things I do, no matter how insignificant they seem, might actually matter!

Keepin the Faith!

Caroline

Morisseau

Post by Morisseau » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:51 pm

What can you do? Is that the question? Well i have an answer for you. Keep doing what you're doing. Hell, you're doing more than a lot of us. Also, you can refuse to stop doing what you're doing. All that you're doing is so much appreciated. We are a historically courageous and grateful people. Due respect...

Caroline

thank you all!

Post by Caroline » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:57 pm

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and encouragement. I'll keep fighting the good fight for peace and justice in Haiti.

Sincerely,

Caroline