Film links Aristide to warlords

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:05 am

Jaf, my friend, don't get upset over a movie!

Most of the times, the filmmakers get richer. I guess, it is Capitalism.

Also, I don't think being someone's son/daughter makes one the same. If You dad commits a crime, He gets whatever his sentence will be. Not the whole family!

It is kind of too close to what a few Dictators used to do. Kill the whole family, cause they all should be involved!!!

Take it easy my friend! Wa fE High Blood Pressure...

By the way, I would like to watch it when it comes out.

leonel

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:05 pm

Jaf wrote: [quote]Will someone challenge Wyclef to actually put some money in telling the story...[/quote]
I do understand everybody's frustration about this documentary and the final days of those young men and women who were fighting for their right and liberty.

If the documentary is released world wide in theaters, a grass root committee should be formed to protect the interest of those dead young men and women.
Above all this documentary is about Haiti, and about them.
The best way probably to handle this situation in my opinion is to form a grass root committee that will assess the needs of Cite Soleil communities, and to submit proposals to the producer, Wyclef Jean, the Danish filmmaker Asger Leth, the cameraman Milos Loncaric, and other people involved in this documentary.

The Committee could request for a portion of the proceed of this documentary be used to address the concerns and needs of the community of Cite Soleil.
One of the proposals could be a Center for Peace for Youth Development, Education and Counseling constructed in memoriam of those young people.

About the filmmaker Mr. Leth, the son, one can see the same patterns of behavior that could be genetic in nature. Apparently, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

Michel

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:05 pm

Jaf, my opinion on this issue is if there is money to be made in this documentary, we should request that a portion of the money to be used to alleviate the misery of those young kids of Cite Soleil….And the best way to win this fight is not by calling people names, but by litigations.

I believe that we have a case here, and we can win!

What is the purpose of this documentary, and what it intended to demonstrate here?

This is one of several questions that the filmmaker, producers, cameramen etc should be ready to answer.

We can not let people trash the country like this, and adding insult to injury, make money on top of it.

It's just like killing 2pac and the other kids twice.

And I would like to add, if I may that this is not about President Aristide and his 2 daughters or his relations with those poor kids from Cite Soleil, or black or white, KKK ,etc... It is about our country, Haiti!! Look at the big picture bro!

And do not try to defend Aristide's actions; he can do it on his own.

It is about time for us to know that our business is Haiti. We need money and supports to build schools, cantinas, health services and youth community centers, and parks for our kids so they could stay away from the streets and be safe from predators.

Haiti has been victimized here in this documentary.

If there is money to be made, let's go after the money.

Michel

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:20 pm

Hillarious!

Michel. are you serious?

You are talking about a Documentary! You need reparations?

Oudimwen, ou bezwen lajan???

Good luck!

leonel

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:24 pm

Leonel wrote:[quote]Michel, You are talking about a Documentary! You need reparations? Oudimwen, ou bezwen lajan???[/quote]
Jeffrey wells started his article untitled “Haiti, Sex, Death” by saying right at the first paragraph: I thought of Haiti as a hopeless Caribbean shithole.
http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/archives ... _value.php

If this guy described your birthplace as a shithole Leonel, what does that make you? Don't be mad, stay cool! Just think about it.

We need to stop people taking advantage of our misery, and the best way to do it is to take control of our destiny by electing decent, and mindful leaders.

Wi Leonel, nou bezwen lajan pou nou konstwi lekol ak lopital, avek sant jenes kominote pou ti moun nou yo.
Mwen pa bezwen la jan pou m foure nan poch mwen.
To avoid this kind of perception about my intent, I have decided to wear pocketless pants if I am in public service. 8)

Michel

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:01 am

Michel, Michel, depi kilE w ap voksifere pou on bagay lèd ke yo ekri sou Ayiti???

Perhaps, I 've missed some of your previous posts. Either under Michelnau, Mic hel Nau or Michel Nau, they all are at Ann Pale archives, my Friend!

Anyway, anyone has his or her right to call any country anything. That alone cannot affect me or my Life or Haiti itself.

Going back to the movie, I personally would like to see it and have my own opinion on it. I was always intrigued to listen to any rationale behind any former or recent thug has for killing innocent people either in USA, S. Africa, Brasil or Haiti.

I believe that M deibert said it before. But, myself, I can tell you that some of these people were Aristide's supporters and did a lot of dirty jobs at his favor. But, after a while, he lost control of a lot of them (including Metayer). A movie could probably enlighten a lot of us in terms of what went wrong at Site Soley. A lot of them were not those innocent victims portrayed. Ask some (innocent) inhabitants of Cite Soley (It is the same for any drug and crimes infested places all over the World). I am sure that you will have some different stories.

One day, we will know the truth! The truth about who told a lot of them,
"Mobilize n, nou gen zam, nou konn kisa pou nou fè pou n manje"

Unfortunately, I cannot give the sources of my info...

Let's wait for this movie.

L'union fait la Force,

leonel