biodiesel stove and wvo generator

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Georges, Welcome to Ann Pale! I am happy that you are willing to share your ideas (and energy processors) for Haiti's development on this platform. Indeed, one of Haiti's greatest need is an alternative to charcoal (used for cooking, baking, and dry cleaning) to combat or reverse the country's extraordinary deforestation. I do have a few questions for you:

- Are you the inventor, and if so have you secured the patents for your inventions?

- How economic can these machines be (acquisition, processing, and maintainance), so to appeal to a large number of people?

- Would they be desirable both in city and country settings?

Also, looking at the second video, the surging open flames appeared dangerous to me. Can you comment on the safety angle? It has gotten me worried. Could these stoves be operated by your average cook without setting your house on fire? How much technical education does someone need to operate the stoves with expertise and safely?

Sorry to ask so many questions at once, but I feel that the answers are important to the success of your enterprise. In any case, I wish you success and I hope that your ideas will be very beneficial to Haitians and ultimately to Haiti.

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Georges, thanks for answering my questions. I hope that some of the visitors to my forum who live in the Miami area will take advantage of your gracious offer. If you ever come to the New York / New Jersey area and have the time to set a demonstration for interested folks up here, please contact me. I would love to learn more about this promising development.

By the way, are you aware of the following competition??? It sounds to me like you might qualify.

[quote]AIDG's 1st Business Plan Competition in Northern Haiti
by Catherine Laine
February 12th, 2009
Konkou Biznis Ayiti

Extended Call for Applications: AIDG is Sponsoring a Business Plan Competition to Promote Biogas Development in Northern Haiti

US$50,000 in grants and early-stage financing is available for the winning proposal.

Boston, 12/30/08 – The Appropriate Infrastructure Development Group (AIDG), a technology R&D and small business development non-profit, is calling for innovative and dynamic ideas for its 1st business plan competition in Northern Haiti, KonKou Biznis Ayiti. The purpose of the competition is to help smart and passionate Haitian entrepreneurs solve some of the most pressing issues facing Haiti today.

This year's contest focuses on biogas, a form of renewable energy that can hold an important place in the sustainable development of Haiti. This methane-rich carbon neutral biofuel can be substituted for charcoal, propane, kerosene and other combustible fuels for the purposes of cooking, heating or even electricity generation. The by-product of its production is a nutrient rich liquid fertilizer that can significantly increase yields of certain crops.

The team with the most promising idea for commercializing biogas in Northern Haiti will receive US$50,000 in grants and early-stage business financing for implementation over 2 years. In addition to the cash awards, the winning team with receive technical training on a number of biogas systems as well as training on the best practices of enterprise management.

Applications are accepted until March 6th. Five finalists will be announced March 16th and will compete in Cap Haitien for the grand prize March 29 - April 4.

To learn more about the business plan competition or to apply, visit http://konkoubiznisayiti.com/

Key Contest Dates

* March 6, 2009: Deadline for submission of all business plans (5PM EST).
* March 16, 2009: 5 Finalists announced.
* March 29 - April 4, 2009: Finalists compete in Cap Haitien, Haiti for the grand prize.
* April 14, 2009: Winner/winning team announced.[/quote]

Source: http://www.aidg.org/component/option,co ... 34/p,1447/

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:14 pm

[quote]Letting a young bright mind go to waste is a terrible thing.[/quote]
In a nutshell, this has been the story of Haiti, as long as I have been aware of its social environment: letting young bright minds go to waste or with no serious alternative other than to leave the country. I am glad that you see the future differently, Georges, and are daring to act on your vision.

Serge

Post by Serge » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Georges,

I got a chance to watch the video tonight and the demonstration with the stove. Let me congratulate you for your innovations and for the vision that you demonstrate. Not only your project would greatly contribute to safeguarding the environment, but it would encourage the development of science in Haiti. I particularly appreciated your comments about the "young bright minds". I fervently wish that the conditions will be created to allow you to get on with your project in Haiti and I hope that the opportunity will come when we might be able to help you from our side.

Serge