admin
Site Admin

Children growing up without deported mom

Post by admin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:06 pm

Children growing up without deported mom
By Dianna Smith
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Sunday, October 22, 2006

WEST PALM BEACH — They are ages 5 and 3. Twin boys and a dainty girl too young to know about the impoverished country of Haiti, too young to be told that Haiti is where their mother is now trapped.

"My mommy, she's in the hospital," the boys often say to those who arrive at their cozy home, where photographs displayed on shelves give visitors a glimpse of a family with a happy, hopeful life.

And it was. Until seven months ago.

The boys point to a framed picture of a pretty woman in a yellow dress with long hair, smiling faintly for a camera. She's coming home, they say. But no one knows when.

Mommy is Marie Michou Daniel, deported this year for disobeying a judge's order to return to Haiti, her native country, which she fled nine years ago. Her children are American citizens simply because they were born on American soil. They are unaware that their mother, because she was born on Haitian soil, is no longer here.

"They used to cry a lot. So I told them she had an accident and is in the hospital," said their grandmother, Roselene Massolas, a legal citizen because of a political twist of fate. She is living in her daughter's West Palm Beach home. "If they know she's at the hospital, the hospital is in the United States. If they think she's in Haiti, it is too far away."

Daniel was one of 153,026 people that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers deported between October 2005 and July. Of those, 3,572 were from Florida. Her children — twin sons Marvin and Garvin and daughter Cherby — are among the estimated 3 million children of undocumented parents who are U.S.-born citizens, according to the Washington-based Urban Institute, a nonpartisan economic and social policy research organization.

And these children, who daily face the prospect that their parents suddenly will be swept away, are some of the more emotional threads that weave the fabric of the nationwide immigration debate.

Their grandmother cannot read; and does not speak English; nor does she drive. And though she's lived here for 11 years, she does not know how to do the simple things expected from American mothers: teaching the boys to count to 20 in English, celebrating their birthdays, managing when they're sick.

The Immigration Advocacy Center in Miami learns of families such as Daniel's frequently, executive director Cheryl Little said.

"We're seeing parents separated from their children on a regular basis," Little said. "Families are faced with having to make a difficult decision: Do they uproot their children and take them where they may not be safe, or do they leave them in the United States? These are heartbreaking decisions to make."

Sinai Missionary Baptist Church in Greenacres is helping Massolas raise the children the way her daughter did before she was arrested in January. Members of the congregation help pay the family's bills, take the children on outings and deliver boxes filled with American food that Massolas is learning to cook. They also teach the children how to speak Creole because, until now, English has been their language of choice.

Tears streamed down Massolas' face one evening this month as she spoke remorsefully of these things. She tried to wipe away each drop for fear the children would see, but her tears fell much too quickly, just the way her daughter left.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with them. I'm not part of the culture," said Massolas, 44. "Every day they ask, 'When will my mother be home?' "

The Rev. Pierre Gregoire Saint-Louis of Sinai Missionary plucked a phone card from a plastic bag and dialed one of the many phone numbers that Daniel has left with her mother.

"Hello?" the pastor said. "Marie Michou Daniel?"

This is how her family contacts her now. The church donates phone cards so Massolas can call at least once a week. They have about 20 minutes to pack in as much conversation as possible, trying to avoid the tears and the heartache so Daniel can hear how her children are growing without her.

Marvin and Garvin have lost baby teeth, three from one, four from the other. Cherby is getting too big for her grandma to carry. She needs new clothes. The 5-year-old boys want help with their homework. They're already talking about Christmas and decorating a tree.

Sometimes, the children grab the phone from their grandmother, pressing it tight to their ears like they are hugging their mother.

"Mommy? I love you," Marvin said in his squeaky voice, pacing the living room floor like a grown-up on a business call. "How are you? Are they giving you a shot? Let me go with you. ... I love you."

Conversations like this make Massolas' head spin. But phone calls like the next one scare her even more.

From a friend's phone in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Daniel's voice trembles this night. She's quick to talk of the murder she witnessed in 1997. A man held a gun to her neighbor's head and shot three times. Daniel began receiving death threats. So she fled the country of an estimated 8 million, where the uneducated and the poor outnumber the professionals and the rich.

Daniel came to the United States in 1997 with a photo-switch passport and was arrested as soon as she tried to make it through customs at Miami International Airport. She was paroled after stating that she had fled Haiti because she feared for her life. She filed paperwork for political asylum, obtained a work permit and started to work odd jobs in Palm Beach County.

She became a certified nursing assistant, eventually had her twins and then her daughter. She saved enough money to buy a house and filled it with furniture and a family she had always wanted — all the while, not knowing how long she could stay.

"I didn't want to return to Haiti because of the political turmoil and because I'm a single mother," Daniel, 30, said on the phone that night. "I was very scared."

When her political asylum was denied in 1999, she appealed. And when she learned the appeal, too, was denied, she made a decision to remain in the United States anyway. By then, she'd had her children and was afraid to take them to a country where kidnappings are common and violence is the norm.

But on Jan. 30, Daniel's happy, hopeful American life abruptly came to an end when she got into a minor car accident on U.S. 441 in suburban West Palm Beach. She had just dropped the twins off at school and her daughter at day care. Before they said goodbye, Cherby asked her mother what she was going to do. Daniel said she was going to work and planned to buy groceries to try a new recipe for dinner.

The police officer at the accident noticed there was a lien on Daniel's driver license. She was taken into custody and sent to Krome Detention Center near Miami, where she was imprisoned for almost a month until a guard woke her at 3 one morning. He told her to gather her belongings because she was going home. Daniel, at first, was excited.

But "home" meant Haiti.

"We were devastated by this," said attorney Mark Citrin of Citrin and Goldstein, the Miami firm that handled Daniel's case. Citrin has practiced immigration law for 19 years. "We expected an officer to be sympathetic. We were dumbfounded the government could be that cold."

Paul Goldstein expected Daniel to remain in the United States under supervision, where she would be required to meet with immigration officers frequently. Instead, the Department of Homeland Security immediately denied the request to stay because she did not have a passport. Goldstein rebutted, explaining why there wasn't one.

A few weeks passed before Goldstein received a phone call from a friend of Daniel's informing him she was gone.

"We basically said, 'Sending this lady back could be a death sentence,' " Goldstein said. "Your heart goes out to somebody like that. The children basically became orphans."

Children or not, parent or not — that does no't matter to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Anyone who violates the law, regardless of their circumstances, will face the consequences.

"It's really unfortunate the parents put their children in that situation by breaking the law," said Barbara Gonzalez, an ICE spokeswoman in Miami. "Someone who is ordered removed ... our obligation as a law enforcement agency is to enforce that order."

Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, said parents who break immigration laws deserve no sympathy.

"In any other situation in which a parent violates the law and the children suffer as a result, we hold the parents responsible," Mehlman said.

He said FAIR, a national nonprofit organization that advocates tougher immigration laws, questions the interpretation of the 14th Amendment that allows automatic citizenship to children born in the United States. FAIR does not believe citizenship should be granted to the children of illegal parents.

"There have been bills floating around Congress that would change the interpretation," Mehlman said. "We are certainly in favor of that."

Daniel is living among friends in Haiti's capital. Like many Haitians denied political asylum who are forced to return, she does not stay in one place long because she's afraid that those who once threatened her will come for her.

Work is scarce in Haiti, so Daniel does not have a job. She has few belongings, just what her mother and church have mailed in the past seven months. That includes snapshots of her boys on their first day of kindergarten and the preschool graduation she regretfully missed. The twins saved the red caps and gowns they wore that day for their mother to see. Just as they've saved the seven baby teeth.

"There's no peace for me right now," Daniel said in the phone call. "The children ask when I'm coming back. They say, 'Mommy, you've left us.' I keep lying to them. I know I'm lying to them. I say I'm coming back. I have hope that I will. But I don't know how it's going to happen."

Massolas sat near the pastor and listened carefully to her daughter as the tears continued to fall. Daniel told the pastor that while traveling outside Port-au-Prince this month, her bus was hijacked by men with machine guns. No one was hurt. She was fine. But that may not be the case next time.

The pastor suddenly told Daniel they must say goodbye. Their minutes were up.

Massolas buried her head in her hands, while the children, so lighthearted, so innocent, tried their best to console her.

"It's OK, it's OK," said Garvin, stroking her hair gently with his tiny right hand. "She's coming home soon."

Massolas fled to the United States in 1995 for political reasons, and she became a legal resident after President Clinton signed the Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act in 1998. The law enabled many Haitians who had fled to America before 1996 to apply for lawful permanent resident status without first having to apply for an immigrant visa.

Because Haiti is politically unstable, Haitian communities and activists in the United States repeatedly have demanded that the government grant Temporary Protected Status for Haitians. TPS has been granted to refugees from war-torn countries, including Somalia, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Sudan. It never has been granted to Haitians, even during the ravaging floods and mudslides unleashed by Tropical Storm Jeanne in 2004 that killed more than 3,000 people in the city of Gonaives.

The Immigration Advocacy Center has written numerous letters to government officials requesting TPS for Haitians. Even Gerard Latortue, a Boca Raton retiree, sent a letter of support while serving as Haiti's interim prime minister.

"Haitians don't have political clout that other immigrant groups do," Little said. "This administration knows full well they can discriminate against the Haitians and not many people are going to care."

The pastor said family and friends plan to seek legal action to see whether Daniel can return on humanitarian parole, usually granted to people with special circumstances, such as the severely ill who need medical attention abroad.

But attorneys Citrin and Goldstein said it's doubtful that would work.

Daniel is banned from the United States for 10 years because she was ordered to leave. When the children turn 21, they can petition for her to return, but because she committed immigration fraud when she used the photo-switch passport, she would need a waiver for the fraud.

"We've had three from Haiti just like this," Citrin said. "Nobody wants to give Haitians TPS."

Saint-Louis has sent letters to local congressmen pleading for help. He plans to visit Daniel during a trip to Haiti this month.

"We are Christians, and we are immigrants," he said of his congregation. "We understand. People, when they are facing safety problems in their country, they have a great perception of America as the land of freedom. You have to bring some hope for these people. That's all you can count on: prayer and hope."

Empress Verite

There are Thousands of these Stories in Miami

Post by Empress Verite » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:14 pm

Guy:

I read this story on my Google-Haiti watch the other day and they've published it in at least 2 papers. I feel really bad for this woman and her family because the way that she was picked up is so common in Miami as many of your friends and acquaintances may have told you. It's happenned to so many people and it began under Clinton. The Haitians and Haitian Bahamians whom the ICE, INS and Homeland Security are targetting often are hard workers and necessary to their families and households. It is really sad when these folks are ripped from that structure like that.

In that woman's case I wonder why they don't sell the house and return to Haiti where they can use the profit to build anew? The grandmother will not be able to care for those kids for long and they are at risk of becoming teenage delinquents which is common with that type of situation. Unfortunately, there are too many of these situations in South Florida. I feel that the family should be reunited and it's too bad that it has to be in Haiti at this time but it might be for the best. For her to try and risk a boat trip back of returning with false papers would be too dangerous at this time and she will face at least 10 years mandatory in prison and immediate deportation after release.

Lastly, the comments were interesting to me too. I thought that some of these folks hit it right on the nail and I read them outloud to someone who had had this experience and he thought so to. I've been through this experience and Krome is no joke especially for Haitian women. However, she was lucky to have been released so soon after being captured. And I am so glad that she had someone to care for her children. The mirage of the US blinds us sometimes to the reality that we'll be fine so long as we have each other and love.

The anti-immigrant sentiments expressed by some of the folks who commented is very prevalent in South Florida and it stinks. The minutekkklan rule South Florida and their ignorance misleads them to pick on the wrong people. They don't know their own [history] and the theft of land and resources that their nation state did so they could have their freedoms and often they do not wish to know and go through a selective memory process. We need honest debate about this issue and I hope that it happens soon. None of the candidates for political office have addressed this topic and I fear that it's because the Haitian vote is not important to them and its' too bad.

Best regards,
EV

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:19 pm

Apharion, don't get discouraged. Somebody will pick up on your posts sooner or later. I understand the feeling of being the "kiss of death" poster, that is every time one posts a response there will not be any other to follow. This must happen to many people on the forum, so don't feel singled out. In fact, this has become a very low-participation forum (where are Shelony, Ana, Gelin, Leonel, Tidodo, Serge Bellegarde, Marilyn, Manze Choublak, Pitit Ginen, Zanfanginen, Lemane, Nekita, Pauline, Carline, Liline, and so forth and so on?) but its quality is enduring in spite of the low number of participants, I think. I wonder, though, all those who used to contribute regularly, will they ever come back?

I was thinking too that your forum name may have something to do with it, but that is pure speculation. Who or what is an apharion?

[quote]We need honest debate about this issue and I hope that it happens soon. None of the candidates for political office have addressed this topic and I fear that it's because the Haitian vote is not important to them and it's too bad. [/quote]
EV, you could not be more right. But Haitians in the United States are not going to be taken seriously, until they take themselves, as a group, seriously. We need to organize around the immigration issue instead of just complaining about it. Otherwise, we will continue to fall victim to the anti-immigrant hysteria that is sweeping this country. I think that one of our biggest problems is that once a Haitian and his loved ones are "legal" , they then adopt that "devil may care" attitude. In other words, they may not feel a moral imperative to do anything and assist others like them (but without documents). But indeed it is a moral issue.

A funny thing on the way to Church on Saturday or Sunday, part one: Haitian clergy seem not to realize that current and future immigration policy are a HUGE concern for their member base. They may be much more concerned about collections for various church functions than about issues of detention and deportation. How many Haitian priests and pastors make it a point to visit the unfortunate ones that languish in detention centers and do their best to sustain or uplift their spirit? How many of them organize their member base to put a unified front against some abusive practices of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

A funny thing on the way to Church on Saturday or Sunday, part two: Haitian faithful do not see the need to organize either because God will surely take care of them. Nothing happens without his will... that is until it actually happens, and then "se Satan k'ap aji". If some deportation letter is never acted on, that is the provisions of the letter are never enforced, "Gloire A L'Eternel!". When the deportation does happen, "E byen bondye, sa-w vle nou fe? Nou remet ka sa nan men ou. Se ou sel ki konnen tout bon vre."

[Pandanstan avoka imigrasyon, ki rele tet yo avoka, mwen pi vle kwe se zabelbok yo ye, ap fe kob devan deye sou tet fidel yo. Fidel yo ap lapriye... y'ap bay kob tou, paske pafwa yo pa fin gen konviksyon granmet la ap ba yo sosyal la vre... zabelbok jon ak zabelbok vet ap envesti lajan yo... tout vye ti fonksyone pran poz se ajan imigrasyon yo ye... epi, epi se blan k'ap chache oganize kominote a pou nou, jan yo kapab, paske ayisyen se yon sel bagay yo fo ladan, se lapriye.]

But what happen to the moral imperative TO DO SOMETHING against the forces that work to divide our families and our communities?

Eske se lE yo di "Ayisyen = SIDA" selman nou kab reyaji?

It's time for Haitians to stand up and ask of their leaders (including those who read from the Bible) to spearhead the fight on their behalf, for economic and social issues that affect the more humble among them. That would be a viable definition of true leadership. Haitian churches in particular had better start doing more, much more, than they are doing right now.

Haitian lawyers too. Haitian businessmen too. Haitian students too. All of us. We cannot rely on others to do the job for us effectively, no matter how well-meaning they might be. We are talking about OUR people, not "them", not those who came this way or who came that way. We are talking about OUR PEOPLE.

Haitians living in America, it's time to stand up for your rights! Do not let the hypocrites rule the day.

And though that's only one small step, those of us who can SHOULD REGISTER AND VOTE. The idea is not to vote Democratic. The idea is not to vote Republican. The idea is to vote FOR YOUR INTERESTS and to VOTE OUT THE BUMS that act against them.

Unfortunately, most Haitians living in the States will not vote, because they cannot. But for those of us who can, it's our special obligation to get informed and to make informed choices. This goes back to the issue of organization. When will the Haitian community be taken seriously? When we begin to take ourselves seriously.

As simple as that.

Empress Verite

Thank You Very Much Guy

Post by Empress Verite » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:08 pm

Guy:

I was really surprised that the Haitian leadership did not come out strongly on the side of any of the political candidates in this election. I don't vote for either party thougth. The dilema for me has been that as a Rasta many people I know have been harassed by the organizations that I named above that are trying to "safeguard" the US against "illegal terrorist". Paradoxically, the Rastas themselves are against voting and do not believe in participating in the political process of "babywrong". To do so is an aborhence in their view it is meddling in the affairs of Soddom and Gomorha. But Haitian Dreads/Rastas in particular are paying a serious price for this because they face SERIOUS harassment in South Florida and they are deported in droves. When I last visited Krome about 7 years ago, I could not believe how many there were and how they were disproportionally represented there. It was crazy.

A few years ago Catholic Charities had positions opened for folks who would work with the deportees and others being held at Krome detention center on the issue of faith to provide them with counseling that was appropriate to their belief. I don't ever recall hearing about the Haitian churches of whatever faith participating in that endeavor. If they did perhaps I would have gotten the job. I think that the Haitian clergy is reluctant to get involved in that issue because it deals with social deviance. The fact is that most of the folks being deported have commited crimes for which they are arrested and when their status is found not to be legal then they are sent "home". The tricky thing is that some may have had their documents but apparently about 8 years ago the law was changed and one could still be deported for committing a felony (which could be as small as getting the wrong violations) even if one has documents. And a great percentage of the folks being deported are young folks whose parents brought them over at a young age and found themselves committing felonies (they cannot go to college and they've lived with the stigma and the problems of their "illegal" status for so long that it takes its toll.) These are the young people who make up part of the large group of "illegals" who live underground whom some politicians have said that they want to bring above ground. The other group of folks are like that woman who was torn so brutally from her babies. They know that their status is "illegal" and they defy the state's laws to go on with their lives. And you know some of these folks do not agree with that. They've fallen victim to the righteous rhetoric of the right wingers. And they eat up the crumbs that they're given with no consideration for others.

Take Care.
EV

Leonel JB

It is a sad story

Post by Leonel JB » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:33 am

Greetings!
I think that one of the reasons which We have our People being discriminated against is, our lack of Togetherness which existed for Centuries now.
We don't realize how powerful we can be with "l'Union fait la Force". Or Ansanm Ansanm nou se Lavalas (not to support any movement)!
We are very powerful financially. But, as a group of People we are so scattered or divergent for Political or Social differences.
I believe that a lot of Us would see this story as not related to them. For, they are not "Refijye".
The difference between this case or any other discrimination of Haitians versus the FDA issues is, everyone of Haitian descent was affected by it. Including the Haitian Undercovers (People who denied their Haitian ancestries). This FDA rules affected everyone. Refijye, Tilititi, FransE pa lE tEks, Ayisyen pEpE, elatriye.
Now, whatever problems Haitians are encountering in Florida, is not the well-off concerns.
I don't know how organized they are in Florida. But, for the North East areas, they are not . There is no leadership. There are a few exceptions. But, not enough!
Mwen pa vle rete pi plis. Ban'm met van nan vwal mwen. Paske, mwen antijan tEt anba toujou ak retou nou nan peyi tEt chaje sa'a. Men sonje GI, ma'p swiv tout sa ki nan FenEt la'a. Mwen ka bEbE. Men, mwen pa avEg (L'Oeil du Maitre).
L'Union fait la Force,
Leonel

Empress Verite

Mesi Anpil Leonel

Post by Empress Verite » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:45 am

Sak Pase Leonel:

I did not realize that you had come back to the States and left the cocoon and serenity of European life in Sweden. Sak Pase from Miami and how's Jersey? Hope all is well with your family.

Anyway, as a 2nd generation transnational Haitian I have always seen myself as an immigrant until I came to live in Miami where the issue of authenticity hit me like a bullet. Since I had no immigration or documentation issue I was considered a yankee like my West Indian peers called me back on East Flatbush. But as you know I can't really perpetrate as a Yankee. Nonetheless, this issue of who suffers most from this racist practice in immigration affects us all especially since we have to interact and have relationships with those so-called "undocumented" folks. For instance, in one family one can have sibblings who are different status with some being native born while others are not documented because they were born elsewhere. This can create a lot of divisiveness and stress. It seems to me that the trend has become for 1st and 1.5 Haitians who are undocumented to marry folks from other ethnicities and races specifically African Americans and whites. Unfortunately that has not been as much of a guarantee as they hoped because many of these relationships end up in divorce. And domestic abuse is also very high in the Haitian community and immigration issues are a big part of the problem. Often, the female member of the relationship is not documented and has to put up with the violence because her status is unresolved. And when there are children involved who may have been born in the US the parent is often reluctant to go to authorities and seek help because s/he wants their children to reap the benefit of their birthright.

I would like to implore anyone female or male who lives under those conditions to get out because it will never get better. There are also other problems that arise. For one thing, the racism in the immigration policies specifically the wet foot/fry foot law that grant Cubans immediate assylum if and when they reach Florida shores before being caught by the Coast Guard or US security forces permeates the entire social system in South Florida. Upon being taken into Krome for processing, most of these Cubans are released hours later to their relatives and they can get social security cards and apply for their green cards about a year later. The Haitians are often held in Krome for months if not years because Homeland Security claims that they could be terrorists working for Pakistanis (Cubans have that history). And this policy is used by most institutions in the area such as employment, domestic violence programs, educational institutions and so forth. The Cubans are the favored refugees simply because they have social capital in the form of white skin, and the fact that they come from a "communist" nation state!

Unfortunately, the so-called Haitian (mis)leadership have given in to the forces of this Cuban might and most don't voice their feelings about this unfairness at all. They've gotten their crumbs and they don't want to get screwed by rocking the boat and stepping on the wrong toes. This is why we don't have a cohesive leadership because they're caught up in a misguided neo-liberal dogma that pushes them to watch out for self at the expense of the majority and because of their own self hatred that mis-leads them to seek alliances with "Others" whom they see as being more civilized and cultured while foresaken their own.

Upward mobility for the 1st and 1.5 generation means a certain kind of lifestyle and relationships with certain ones and this does not include interacting with or mingling with the Haitian constituency. Certainly not with the downtrodden Haitians who really need the help. When these folks interact with the needy Haitians it is for photo oportunities and media time or grant writing purposes after that yo lage w.

I may not have a problem with documentation but this issue affects my life a great deal. I feel that families who face this kind of problem are stressed to the max and often have no one to turn to. And when the issue involves violence folks shy away. I read recently, that some victims of domestic abuse who have the issue of immigration in their household are often reluctant to complain because deportation and prison time is so problematic.

Finally, I believe that we need folks to start addressing the condition of Haitians in the Diaspora more honestly. The silencing of those who want to express themselves fully by talking about Djaspora ki pa vle we Djaspora has to be allowed. These are problems that we brought with us from the nation state. And the integrationist mandate of the 1st and 1.5 misleaders has to be critically analyzed because it is not getting us anywhere. While the Cubans and other Hispanics and African Americans and White non Hispanics are pushing us to integrate our communities and instittutions they are pushing us OUT of theirs. How fair is that? Why do we have to show good faith when we are at the bottom? This is another Dessalines move unfortunately, it will get us nowhere. Recently, 2 1st generation or Haitian born professionals lost their bid for various seats in the Miami political system. They lost by a number of votes which they could have easily gotten had they managed their campaigns in a way to invite honest dialogue and promote a reconcialiation with the downtrodden Haitians who have suffered so much especially in the past 6 years. Instead, they chose to cower down to their opponents and to appeal to "Other" constituents mainly African Americans who will NEVER go for them! They fear screwing themselves by seeming too provincial and non-liberal by sticking to their base and rocking it hard. (It works for the Republikkklans and the DemocRats but we're too ashamed to try it). The Beautiful and Brave ones are not yet born. Those who will stand tall in the face of tyrany and speak truth to their misleadership will rock the power base until then we are destined to remain powerless in this society and that's too bad.

Best regards,
EV

Empress Verite

Sorry Leonel

Post by Empress Verite » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:34 pm

Sorry Leonel:

I wrote Sweden instead of Denmark. Guess I had my European countries mixed up. I was thinking of someone else when I wrote it. Please don't think any less of me.

Best,
EV

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:40 am

No, your forum name is not an issue and it does not cause any offense. You were just wondering why no one ever seems to respond to your posts. That left me to wonder whether it was because your name projected too much of a mystery, but that was sheer speculation. Anyway, don't worry about it. If your kitten lived 19 years, that's surely good enough for me!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:47 am

By the way, Apharion...

[quote]One day we had "la migra" parked outside my portable... [/quote]
I am afraid I do not understand. Your portable what?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:59 pm

Marie Michou Daniel,

You do not know me and I do not know you. But later this morning, I will be voting for you.

Guy S. Antoine