At least 15 dead in Haiti violence: police

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:43 am

[quote]Cute to say, from Boston. A shame you weren't on the streets of Port-au-Prince in late 2003 and early 2004. You could have told all those working people protesting that their cause of struggling for a decent country, as opposed to the gangster's paradise that had/have, didn't mean anything to their faces. Or do you buy into the myth that the tens of thousands of people protesting at the time were all foreign dupes?[/quote]
MD, you sould stop using that reasoning, it's old and outdated. While thousands were protesting (justly) against Aristide and expressing for the most part their great confusion about the real causes of the ongoing problems (thinking one and only man was responsible), a much much larger croud was chanting "Elections, Oui - Coup d'Etat, Non. So, MD, you better stop wasting your time on the past, as you had yourself suggested ealier. Can you move on...?

gelin

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:16 am

[quote]When Gelin writes that one man was not responsible for Haiti's problems, I have always said that Haiti's problems did not begin and would not end with Mr. Aristide. He was a symptom of the larger problem of a system of economic exclusion, weak institutions and lack of education and opportunities These problems existed before him and they will exist after him. On that point we are in total agreement.[/quote]
There are laws to use against physicians who misdiagnose the symptoms as the root cause of a disease and who prescribe treating said symptoms as the best way to treat the disease. Malpractice is at the basis of many lawsuits here in the US. Were you a physican you could be sued, you know. Your license could be revoked, MD.

But, hey, you are just a journalist and you can <i>voye monte</i> as much as you want about Haiti - although you would be more careful when talking about your own country. Guess what? The elders in Haiti saw it coming and they left us with this famous saying: <i>Dan pouri gen fòs sou bannann mi.</i>

gelin

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:33 pm

[quote]And of course, this whole dilettante-like debate does nothing to address the issue that 22 people in Martissant were butchered like pigs in a slaughterhouse and nobody on this forum seems thus far terribly interested as to finding out why</b>...[/quote]
Nobody seems interested except the good old MD. Right? Wrong. You should know by now that silence on a particular subject here on this forum DOES NOT MEAN a lack of interest.

gelin

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:37 pm

[quote]...Oh yeah, only the middle-class diaspora can afford to have things like political convictions. Working-class Haitians could never have such a thing...[/quote]
That's where your confusion begins.

[quote]You guys should all go back to Haiti and show them how it's really done. Any takers? I didn't think so.[/quote]
Is it a sign that you are running out of arguments? Well, maybe I should take a break now and let you dance to your own music...for a while...:-)

gelin