"The dogs are no longer hungry in St. Marc."

admin
Site Admin

"The dogs are no longer hungry in St. Marc."

Post by admin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:49 pm

In a recent discussion, Michael Deibert referenced an "article, taken from the Feb. 24, 2004 Miami Herald and written by Marika Lynch: http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/haiti/reprisal.htm"

I replied:

[quote]As for the Marika Lynch article, I will excerpt this from it:

[quote]''They don't want you to find the bodies. Nobody will ever find them. You'll just see parts of them,'' said Terry Snow, an evangelical missionary from Texas who has lived in St. Marc for over a decade, tears welling in his eyes. ``The dogs are no longer hungry in St. Marc.'' [/quote]
I have no words to add to this.[/quote]

Actually, I have a few: There is no bigger hypocrite than one who speaks in the name of Jesus Christ!

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:20 am

Regarding those who speak in the name of Jesus-Christ BUT act just the opposite:

[quote]...For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. - 2 Corinthians 11:13-15. [/quote]
gelin

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:01 pm

SElman Gelin, ou tounen!!!
N'ap tann ou wi nan ti bwase lide ke nou ta'p fE mwa pase'a wi. Ou genlE bon driblE menm jan ak Michel Nau.
W'ap fE ti kO'w piti piti. Men tonnE fout boule'm ou pa'p pase inapEsi...
Neg Plato Santral pou nEg Plato Santral, na'p troke kOnn nou...
leonel

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:53 pm

leo mayfrennn.....:-) m plizoumwen gen tan kounye a, n a pale.

gelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:02 pm

Michael, if there is someone truly intolerant of Haitian people's sprituality, it's not me; it's Terry Snow. His views and actions have been thouroughly dicussed on the forum before.

Quite frankly, I think Haitians would be MUCH better off without Terry Snow and his ilk. He is a phoney and his statement ["The dogs are no longer hungry in St. Marc''] just proves it.

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:43 am

[quote]...Terry Snow actually stayed in Saint Marc throughout the worst of February 2004...[/quote]
So what?

gelin

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:12 pm

Sa se bagay tout moun konnen deja. Again, so what?

gelin

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:49 pm

There are a couple of things that we could consider:

1. More often than not, many people who carry a bible under their arm have a personal agenda that is different and far from the teachings of Christ whom they claim to represent. As a man of faith myself I know that, and history past and present gives us countless examples. In our case, the fact that Terry Snow works in Haiti as a missionary is not in itself a guarantee that only truth comes out of him. He can lie.

2. As a journalist, MD should know that the fact that Terry Snow was in the region before-during-after the incidents is not a guarantee that his account is even close to the truth. There are good investigative techniques a journalist can use to find out what really happened there. Will the truth come out one day? It's almost certain.

gelin

admin
Site Admin

Terry Snow in his own words

Post by admin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:30 pm

Terry Snow in his own words.

[quote]What a day, August 14, 2003!

August 14 will go down in the history books. A day that the Churches of St. Marc me to together in one voice to declare Jesus as Lord and renounced voodoo, with its destructive influence as it has affected Haiti's past.

August 14, the day started at 12:00am. Yes, midnight! Christians from many churches began gathering in the Nazarene church, located in the market area, in prayer on August 13 at 8:00pm. This prayer meeting carried through the night. By 5:00 am, August 14, more had joined, as they rallied together in a march around the city of St. Marc, numbering in the 1000's, it was clear there was something abnormally happening in the city. By 6:45am they returned to the city park where the main gathering was to begin. As the crowd of shouting, singing people approached the park, it appeared they made a dash to see who would be first to step inside the gate entrances. It looked like a damn of people that had burst forth from Grande Rue, ‘Main Street', engulfing, flooding the surrounding streets and park entrances gushing inside the fenced area. The air was electrified! This march was different than the normal ‘manifestations' or protests that Haiti is so commonly known for. These people were happy, joyful full of excitement!

With Christian music blaring and the people all finding a place to cool down under the many trees, a break was announced along with the plans of the day. The city fountain that had not ran since 1985, repaired last year by us, Youth With A Mission, began to offer relief and refreshment as many stood in it or stuck their heads under it's gushing water to cool down from the long march. Noticing that many came unprepared, I quickly saw the need for drinkable water. Finding a local street vender I quickly asked; ‘how much for all the water and refreshment you have?' I had place in my wallet $1000 Haitian Dollars the night before for such emergencies, but I didn't know how far that would go, later I would be surprised? Buying all the vendor had and seeing the people beginning to press for the needed liquid I quickly assigned a local Pastor to control the crowd and stepped aside. It worked! Truly God was with us. Throughout the day, I continued purchasing from vendors. This morning, the day after, when opening my wallet to see the financial damage I was shocked to fine $820 Haitian Dollars! How could that have happened I thought? I was handing money out in the 100's and 50's. I can only explain it by God's provision.

It was a good morning. The plans went well, music, prayer for the city and nation and messages. One message that stood out as prominent was given by Pastor Evenson of the Church of God. Pastor Evenson read through the history of Haiti. Especially from the accounts of the night that Boukman sacrificed a pig, drinking its blood and calling on the spirits for victory, continuing through to the endorsement of that sacrifice by the leaders on the day of Haiti's declared independence, January 1, 1804. Then he began to point out how voodoo has not offer freedom or deliverance, pointing to facts like, Haiti being the poorest nation in the western hemisphere. It was a challenging and strong message that provoked applause at times and sobering thought at others. The morning festivities ended with a declaration and prayer, followed by announcements that there would be a time of recreation and rest before continuing at 4:00pm with music and 6:00pm worship.

At 5:30 as I made my way to the park I began to realize that without doubt rain was on its way. Historically, when it is apparent that it would rain everyone simply stays home, but not so on this day. However, at first arrival to the park it appeared that history would prove itself. Only a couple of hundred people had gathered making the park look empty compared to the thousand that hand consumed it earlier that morning. Word had come to me that Pastor Chavannes Jeune, President of HAVIDEC, had surprisingly come. He was trying to get in contact with me immediately.

HAVIDEC is an abbreviation from their French name, but translated it means ‘Haitian Association with a Vision for the Third Century'. This organization had recently been birth and I was most happy to see it in many ways. Mainly, because they were a national movement, recognizing that since Haiti's independence in 1804, voodoo had done more to destroy the land and people than help it. They are rallying protestant churches from across the nation for the cause of seeing the end of voodoo and renouncing its hold on Haiti's historical roots, replace it with our values found in Christianity.

Meeting with Pastor Chavannes Juene who was accompanied by Dr. JL Williams, Founder/President of New Direction Ministries and other Dr.'s and great men of God from the US and India, I was greatly encouraged. They had heard of our progress and meeting. Coming from Port-Au-Prince, 2 hour drive, with an additional engagement that they had to return too, they had come to see what was happening in our city. But, the rain!

Talking with Pastor Chavannes and his party I sheepishly said I don't know how many will come with the rain that had now begun. Standing under trees in the park, drips hitting our heads, Pastor Chavannes said; ‘The meeting in Port-Au-Prince will not end till 11:00 tonight. Let's stay and wait for the rain to stop.' Not saying anything, but thinking, from experience, this kind of rain is the kind that last all night, I said good then. Going about our plans and making final preparations in the schedule with the change in Pastor Chavannes now there, wanting him to speak, I honestly wondered. How was this going to come together?

Then I began to notice, people were still coming! I looked across from the park and many people were all huddled under every porch building that could be seen. They were still coming even though it was raining! The rain began to stop, calling quickly for the worship to begin we started our meetings only 15 or 20 minutes behind schedule. Wow, I thought, God is doing something. People continued to come and come and come until the park was filled once more. Pastor Chavannes said a word of greeting and then delivered a short message. Taking note of the rain he compared it to God washing our city clean. As he shared on stage someone suddenly brought a cell phone to him. It was ‘Radio Lumier', a national broadcasted radio station, hearing of the news coming from St. Marc they wanting to listen in live to Pastor Chavannes, patched through the cell phone, and to what was happening in St. Marc! The other men with him brought good news and greetings as well, and out they ran, returning to Port-Au-Prince once again.

After a short time of worship we were ready for the climax. I came to microphone and began to share my heart. Once again, I too reminded them that voodoo had never helped them. I pointed to the resent adduction of a baby from the hospital, presumed to be dead, killed at the hands of a witch doctor for a special sacrifice for the August 14 celebration of the Boukman pact. ‘How long will we sit blindly and allow this to happen!' I challenged. ‘Enough is enough! No, more!' Encouraged by many hearty amen's. I proceeded to share of the story of Gideon as found in Judges 7 of the Bible. Gideon was directed by God to surround the Midianites camp with only 300 men armed with horns and empty jars. At a certain time they were to blow their horns, break their jars and shout to God! As they did their enemies fled. Pointing out, that we are in a spiritual battle for this nation, I challenge the people that our enemy, satan and his demonic forces, were going to flee before them tonight. We were going to do a similar demonstration as what was spoken of in the Bible with Gideon.

With earlier preparation in place, I gave some quick instructions to all the people. We will divide into six groups. Each group will be lead by a pastor accompanied by an YWAM volunteer. The groups will go along a pre-determined route to a particular location by way of foot. Once at their location a trained YWAM volunteer would launch a large firework bomb into the air. The group will then begin to shout/sing/pray for the city. When all six groups had shot their individual bombs it would then show that we had surrounded the city and the church, in one voice, would be shouting/singing/praying for God to come and our spiritual enemy, satan, to flee. At that moment, multiple bombs and rockets would be launched into the air from the park, signify that all had made it to their locations and we were all praying in unity! I then passed the microphone to Illioney St. Fleur, YWAM leader, who then introduced the pastors and teams.

Each Pastor shared a moment about their locations and the planned route so that it would be clear. Once the groups were organized, Illioney prayed one last prayer commissioning all the teams under the authority of Jesus Christ. As soon as Illioney said amen, three rockets streaked into the air exploding as a starter's gun might in the commencement of a race. Faster than the people had enter the city parks gates earlier that morning they flew out towards their areas, with the Pastors racing to keep up.

I stayed in the park monitoring the progress, ready to launch the final explosive end. I remember looking at one of my staff before the climax began and saying; ‘Oh Lord help us all!' Armed with cell phones I began to call. Barely able to hear each the leader on the other end, due to the shouts and singing of the groups, they stayed in close communication with their progress.

First report, all groups doing well running/walking/shouting praises to God, singing songs of victory. Group 2 was the first to reach their designated spot. Illioney was with that group. He reported that they ran the whole way not stopping once. When the bomb shot into the sky they irrupted with thanksgiving and prayers. Group 1 was next, lead by Brain Shipley, YWAM St. Marc Operations Coordinator. Calling in, he proclaims; ‘We are here and have shot our bomb. I could hear the people shouting and screaming as he reported they too had begun praying. Then news came from group 5. A problem, a car parked close to the bomb launch site, what to do? The decision to go for it was made and once again shouts and loud cries were heard. The bomb was fine and there were no problems. Group 3 and 4, no communication, but Group 2, Illioney, reports in their behalf, both the teams' bombs have been launched. It wouldn't be till later that we would hear of the glorious news of their experiences. Now, just one more, Group 6, why was there a delay? Calling Roberteau, YWAM Coordinator, he reported they had been slowed down as the group was compelled to stop and several voodoo temples to pray along their route. Finally, BOOOOOOM! Group 6 made it! Multiple Bombs and rockets were immediately launched from the park! Shortly afterwards the calls began to come in. First Rosvelt, YWAM Coordinator from group 5; ‘Terry, the people are crying, shouting, sobbing, God's presences is so real. I'm shaking, my arms are shaking!' Click, he hangs up. Others begin to return to the park with similar reports. Every team reported that as they march their group doubled in size. At every intersection more people dropped what they were doing, ran out of their houses and joined the victorious march. The next day Group 4, Lead by Pastor Marcel Destiny, shared that their group didn't want to stop, so he led them back to the park. They arrived at about 10:30pm. Everyone was gone, so they turned around and shouted more, sung and marched back to their zone and homes. Pastor Marcel said; ‘Terry, where we went was a long ways and they marched all the way there, back and back again!' By the time they arrived back at the park only to find it empty, Pastor Marcel reported, the group size had grown so large he could not see the end. ‘I could not have been able to count the number of people that had joined us.' he proclaimed!

Stories and reports are still coming in of things that had happened. From emails I have received and people contacting me, I estimate that there was a minimum of 20,000 people joining us in prayer outside of Haiti at some point during that day or night. A day that once celebrated the man that slaughtered a pig to find freedom for the oppressed will now be known in Haiti as the day the church rose up and forsook the blood of a pig for the blood of Jesus Christ, God's own son.

August 14 is just the beginning. The rock pushed off the mountain that starts the spiritual avalanche that changes the course of a nation. Already, the people have heard of our next city gathering, September 7-14. This afternoon, the day after, our planning committee meet, making final preparations. In September we will be unveiling the first Christian Monument in the city park (an eight foot high by eight foot deep by thirteen foot wide cement image of the Bible turned to Exodus listing the ten commandments, with a large granite stone with the engraving ‘Christ for St. Marc, St. Marc for Christ, 2004, New Beginnings.) Also, we will be praying over our new city entrance. A four lane, verses two lane, entrance way that will stand 16 feet high, with the writing ‘Welcome to Saint Marc', sponsored by the protestant churches. We are also planning to fly a Haitian flag with the Christian flag on the top.

I had mentioned in one of my emails that some had asked if they could participate in the August 14th event in a financial way. I sent back a address and information on how they could, and asked if they could send a email so we might know if they have plans to send a gift to help cover the expenses undertaken to reclaim this day for God. In the end, through so much cooperation from the churches and Christians the whole days events basic cost was only $800.00 USD. In that same email I also stated; ‘If proceeds exceeded the amount needed, they would go toward the Monument or new city entrance.' I am happy to report that we have received from emails a committed $5,900.00 USD.

Yet, it seems people are still wanting to give to guarantee that the church take this city completely. As stated the additional proceeds will be going to complete the cost of the construction of the monument and entrance. However there is still more funds needed for these projects. If you would like to make an investment in this movement to help keep the momentum rolling in a practical way you may send a US check payable to: YWAM Haiti, writing in the memo: 2004 New Beginnings and mail it to:

YWAM Haiti
PO Box 407139
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33340

All gifts from the US are tax-deductible. We thank you in advance for giving to see this nation become a blessing, not a curse.

Taking the High Places for Christ and wishing you were here to see it!

Terry W. Snow
YWAM Haiti
National Director [/quote]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:29 pm

[quote]As to Snow, I find the passage Guy posted from him boring above all else (as I said, I have never much gone in for clerical types with a few exceptions), but somehow less offensive than the rape and murder of innocents that took place in Saint Marc in February 2004.[/quote]
Michael, I never had in mind to contrast Terry Snow's cultural insensitivity and religious intolerance to "the rape and murder of innocents that took place in Saint Marc..." I was simply pointing to Terry Snow's complete lack of credibility as a witness, at least in my eyes. His insensitivity, intolerance, and propensity to see the Devil in ordinary Haitians buttress my argumentation. I never called him a killer, though his brand of religious fanaticism has led to the murders of thousands of people in the history of my country of origin. And we certainly do not need to go into the history of colonialism and the slave trade to make those points obvious.

So please, let's not mix apples and oranges. The lack of credibility of a witness does not make that witness a criminal. Though he may also be, in the grand scheme of things. But why this instant comparison to "the rape and murder of innocents..." ? I find this a bit strange. Furthermore, this innocence that you assert and attribute to the tragic victims of Bale Wouze may be disingenuous. This is not to justify anyone's murder in any way, shape or form, but from what I understand the victims were primarily members of a rival gang, RAMICOS. If I understand correctly, at the time of the massacre, Bale Wouze was pro-Aristide and the RAMICOS was anti-Aristide, and in fact the latter had overrun the government security forces a week or two earlier. If I got my facts wrong, I don't mind being corrected. However, it appears to me that innocenting people from one violent gang while demonizing others pertaining to another violent gang is a bit unbalanced, wouldn't you say? To take this tendency to the extreme, one would see Aristide sympathizers as repugnant killers and Aristide opponents as a band of angels. I do not subscribe to such arbitrary notions of guilt and innocence. Both "guilty" and "innocent" people fall victim to generalized violence, especially when they have actively promoted such atmosphere of lawlessness. Let us seek justice for all, but considering the circumstances, it is probably best to quiet down the violins... and keep our minds wide open when weighing such complex issues of guilt, innocence, and responsibility.

As for the boredom of the passage I quoted... boredom as beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I am not going to try to convince you otherwise.

Gelin_

Re: Terry Snow in his own words

Post by Gelin_ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:02 am

[quote]...With earlier preparation in place, <u>I gave some quick instructions to all the people</u>. We will divide into six groups. Each group will be lead by a pastor accompanied by an YWAM volunteer. The groups will go along a pre-determined route to a particular location by way of foot. Once at their location a trained YWAM volunteer would launch a large firework bomb into the air</b>. The group will then begin to shout/sing/pray for the city. When all six groups had shot their individual bombs</b> it would then show that we had surrounded the city and the church, in one voice, would be shouting/singing/praying for God to come and our spiritual enemy, satan, to flee. At that moment, multiple bombs and rockets would be launched into the air</b> from the park, signify that all had made it to their locations and we were all praying in unity! [/quote]
These quick instructions from Terry reveal a very weird form of evangelism that has nothing to do with the teachings and ways of Jesus and his 1st century disciples. Maybe that's the "Boooom gospel" according to Terry Snow.

[quote]We are also planning to fly a Haitian flag with the Christian flag</b> on the top.[/quote]
The Christian Flag? I know about the haitian flag that many do not respect for obvious reasons, but there is no such thing as a christian flag. Period!

gelin