Help wanted

Leonel JB

Help wanted

Post by Leonel JB » Thu May 18, 2006 5:37 am

We have a new President in haiti which for all of US is a sign of Hope. But, how do we proceed towards a better direction?
Personally, I wish that I could say that everything is alright. Unfortunately, we are very far from fixing the chaos and mayhem that have been and still are existant.
I understand and know that Us living outsides of the Country have a lot to offer. We have so many experts in various fields. Therefore, what will be the best approach to helping this Country which is in a comatose state?
I think that first giving my non-expert views. We will need a system which can take into account every citizen. Perhaps, a social Security administration?
We would need to reform the Educational system which is very archaic.
We would need better Health Care! This would go under the Health Department.
Of course, we need to reform the system judicial. Which should not be influenced by the Government or noone.
We would need a department of Energy!
We would need a department of Urban development and Housing. There would be very strict laws on buildings. Licenses to build should be in accordance with the codes...
A department of Environment which will be in charge of Waste management and reforestation...
We would need a department du Travail where an internal revenue System would also be part of. Therefore, taxes should be paid by everyone. And the most hated word by corrupted individuals, AUDIT...
A department of Public works. For new roads and existing coulwa...
A department of Agriculture, where a high tariff should be imposed on Foreign goods.
A department of Tourist, where a control of every person living in Haiti as visitor should not extend his/her staying without authorization.
I am sure that there are more we can cover.
But, I am a little bit skeptical on finding all the experts back home. But, I believe a lot of you who lived in the US, Canada, France and elsewhere can bring some very positive contributions. For, we have more hands-on experiences than others.
Yeah! Latortue was a bad one! But, I believe that we can offer much better than that.
But also, remember that everything can only work with respect to others and the Law.
Haiti needs a lot of help! A President is not a Magician! He only can choose a good and efficient administration. The system would only fail when HE thinks that He knows so much.
Haiti can and will be on the right path! Haiti needs your Help, Experts!
L'union fait la Force,
leonel