Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Wed May 10, 2006 10:03 am

[quote][quote]There is nothing unpredictable about Haiti.[/quote]
Well, that is simply the craziest statement I have ever heard.[/quote]
Please explain! M'ap tande w.

gelin

Tidodo_

Post by Tidodo_ » Wed May 10, 2006 10:21 am

[quote]Not one of the instances that I list above can be blamed on the IRI/NED/EU axis.[/quote]

Michael,

Is it possible, and I am not suggesting that's exactly what happened, that the IRI/NED/EU axis encouraged, abetted, and financed all these demonstrations in other for the Aristide government to overreact, thus providing a justification for the coup/kidnapping?

J-M.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 10, 2006 11:51 am

[quote]Unpredictable country? That's a myth right there. There is nothing unpredictable about Haiti.[/quote]
[quote]Well, that is simply the craziest statement I have ever heard.[/quote]
[quote]Please explain! M'ap tande w.[/quote]

Stroke by stroke, we'll get to the 18th hole. Gelin may have met his match, in terms of the mysterious or pregnant one-liner responses. Wouldn't that be funny?

[quote][quote]The New Covenant and the 1987 Constitution have removed all unpredictability, Guy.[/quote]
[quote]What dou you mean, brother Gelin?[/quote]
[quote]You obey them, you will be saved. You disobey them, all hell breaks loose. [/quote]
[quote]That's two sentences, brother Gelin! You are somewhat unpredictable.[/quote]
[quote]What you call unpredictable is, in reality, punctuated equilibrium which invalidates evolution theory and explains Judas's multiple deaths.[/quote]
[quote]That's the craziest thing I have ever heard.[/quote]
[quote]Please explain! Mwen pa konprann parabòl...[/quote]
[quote]Ki sa ?!?!?!?!?!?[/quote][/quote]
The above is pure fiction, of course, like the Lord of the Rings or the Apocalypse.
[quote]Allez en paix, mes enfants. Je suis la Vérité.[/quote]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 10, 2006 11:56 am

[quote]I am compassionate conservative who believe like Chomsky in the Gospel of Jesus.[/quote]
Say what?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 pm

[quote]I encourage anyone to expose the malfesance of the United States government wherever they find it but at home and abroad, if they do so,, at the expense of telling the whole story, it only serves to obscure the truth, not illuminate it.[/quote]
I do not at all agree with that assessment. People (of good faith, supposedly) will tell the stories "from their perspectives" and other people will re-absorb them from the synthesis of those several perspectives in attempting to reconstruct the truth. Actually, nobody ever tells the whole story, because nobody knows the whole story. There are always multiple sides to a story, and usually it is quite obvious when the storyteller believes that his specific perspective is the universe or "the one and only". Do you, Michael, believe that you are telling "the whole story" and any other version would only serve to obscure the truth?

If I could magically, for instance, put you in Aristide's shoes all during his truncated term (and a little bit before, and a little bit after). Of this, I am sure: you would have acted differently, because you are a different person! However, you would also have come with a different appreciation of the man, you would have learned an awful lot of things you did not know before and do not know still today, you would have had a much greater understanding of what it means to be in the hot seat and (hot damn!, what it takes to stay in the hot seat) when all others want your skin so they too can take their turn in the hot seat. I am not saying this in defense of whatever wrongs Aristide committed. I am, in fact, distressed by many of his actions or failures to act, when clearly there were political alternatives and more pressing imperatives for the nation. However, I could also easily argue that not to fully take into account the extremely hostile conditions surrounding his presidency is also misleading and that "only serves to obscure the truth, not illuminate it."

As far as I am concerned, nobody knows "the whole story", and therefore nobody can tell "the whole story". Most everyone approaches it from a particular perspective or rigid ideology which, all too often, stops him from even listening to what the other has to say. People of bad faith will admittedly obscure the truth for their own selfish interests. I don't deny that. However, I am not partisan or religious enough to have the virtue of telling others that I know the truth and nothing but the truth. I prefer to weigh in what everyone has to say, and sort it out according to my natural abilities.

[quote]Michael,

Is it possible, and I am not suggesting that's exactly what happened, that the IRI/NED/EU axis encouraged, abetted, and financed all these demonstrations in other for the Aristide government to overreact, thus providing a justification for the coup/kidnapping? [/quote]
That's a darn good question, Jean-Marie. I do not think that there was a vacuum of institutional influences at any point of the duration.

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Wed May 10, 2006 2:27 pm

It was a good timing for the laughter....:-) But I maintain my opinion that Haiti is not unpredictable - from my perspective. And I would welcome MD's (or someone else) explanations as to why such a statement is crazy....Map tann...

gelin

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Thu May 11, 2006 7:44 am

[quote]Gelin, I just don't see how anyone, no matter how long their experience is with Haiti, could say that politics there are easily predictable. Could one reasonably argue with that assessment?[/quote]
You still haven't made your point - except by adding 'easily predictable'. Let me say it again: there is nothing unpredictable about Haiti.

gelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 11, 2006 9:07 am

Prophet Gelin, you must drive a lot of people crazy!

If "there is nothing unpredictable about Haiti", it follows that everything about Haiti is predictable. Prove it :

- When will all political prisoners in Haiti be released?

- Will there be another coup d'état in Haiti's future?

- Who will be the next Prime Minister?

- When will Aristide return?

- Will Haiti be peaceful in the next five years? Will Preval and his chosen PM allowed to govern without any major political disruption?

- Will the Senate and Chamber of Deputies approve an amendment to the Constitution allowing for "double nationalité" ?

- Will Preval be in Havana on January 1 2009 to help celebrate 50 years of the Cuban revolution? Will Fidel Castro visit Haiti at some point in the next five years?

- When will chicken in Haiti develop teeth?

- When will Haiti win the World Cup?

- Will Jafrikayiti and Michael Deibert ever shake hands?

- Will Leonel ever join the born-again or charismatic movement?

- Will the pace of donations to Windows on Haiti ever pick up?

- Will there be a 2nd Ann Pale reunion? Where will it happen? Will the great prophet be present?

- Will Serge Bellegarde produce his 100th Chronique Musicale for Windows on Haiti before he retires?

- Will Windows on Haiti live to see 10 years of existence (April 20, 2008) ?

- Will Haitians consent to sign up for my free May 27-28 event for which I have ordered food for 200 people and only a tenth of that has bothered to register so far?

Sorry if all the questions do not seem to pertain to Haiti. But it's not every day that one takes the liberty to ask questions from a great prophet. Kidonk, mwen pran woulib nan jwèt la!

We're waiting. Please do not disappoint.

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Thu May 11, 2006 3:03 pm

[quote]Prophet Gelin, you must drive a lot of people crazy!...[/quote]
Really? Here is how it all started. MD talked about Haiti as a "...volatile and unpredictable country". I did not agree with him then and I still don't agree now. Let me clarify. It's a <u>fact</u> that Haiti is a volatile country BUT it's a <u>myth</u> that it's unpredictable. Those who enjoy the FACT and benefit from it in some way also enjoy the MYTH that perpetuates the fact.

Before I go any further (if necessary), I still would like MD (and you now, Guy) to show me what's unpredictable about Haiti - especially with regards to its never ending crisis, turmoils, series of foreign occupation, elatriye...

gelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 11, 2006 7:01 pm

No, man, you will not snare me in your "nasse" (fish basket). I am not the one who made the statement that Haiti is unpredictable, nor the counterstatement that there is nothing unpredictable about Haiti. I'll leave it to you and Michael to "demele nou".

But Prophet Gelin, you could still answer my questions...

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Fri May 12, 2006 7:50 am

[quote]...But Prophet Gelin, you could still answer my questions...[/quote]
Can I...? But that's a good move on your part....:-) If MD does not come back to say why he believed Haiti is such an unpredicable country I am willing to let the debate die - although I firmly believe in my position.

gelin

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Fri May 12, 2006 8:21 am

Gelin, let me try to answer some of your questions.
Preval is elected President. But, we don't know what will happen. For my beloved Country is so unpredictable!!!

I hope things will be OK. MEn, chat ki pran nan dlo cho pE menm dlo frEt!

Gen oun pakEt moun ki kOmanse ap bougonnen deja (as always). Kidonk, nap swiv...

They are complaining from DC to MOn KalvE. The GNBs are up to something. I don't know what.

But anyway, I believe around the World, Politics are unpredictable. But, we are a special case! How many Coup d'Etat we had so far? I am hoping that we won't hear that ugly word anymore. But, let's keep our fingers crossed if we're superstitious. Ayiti se tE glise!

If Haiti was predictable. A lot of us including myself would have started investing already.

As I said before. We need to accept the truth regardless of where it came from!

Mwen konnen'w se oun nEg de prensip. LE ou kwE nan youn bagay, pEsonn pa kapab fE'w flechi. This is true Christianity! Pa vre vye frE?

I don't remember in which context MD used it. But, indeed, Haiti is very unpredictable! IF you don't see it. You are the only one. Unless, you don't want the truth.

Si se pa makout. Se grenn nan bouda, rat pa kk, zenglendo, chimE etc etc. Tout moun ap swiv...

Esperons que tout ira bien.
leonel

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Fri May 12, 2006 10:09 am

[quote]...I believe around the World, Politics are unpredictable...[/quote]
That's different from what I am arguing....

[quote]...If Haiti was predictable. A lot of us including myself would have started investing already...[/quote]
Basically you make predictions about the possibility of losing your investments in that unpredictable country. You predict bad things are likely to happen...right?

[quote]As I said before. We need to accept the truth regardless of where it came from! Mwen konnen'w se oun nEg de prensip. LE ou kwE nan youn bagay, pEsonn pa kapab fE'w flechi. This is true Christianity! Pa vre vye frE?[/quote]
That's below the belt, leo. I simply don't buy into the myth that Haiti is unpredictable.

[quote]I don't remember in which context MD used it. But, indeed, Haiti is very unpredictable! IF you don't see it. You are the only one. Unless, you don't want the truth. [/quote]
Go back and read his original statements. No, I am NOT the only one. Those (behind the scene) who maintain the state of chaos and who benefit from it know very well that Haiti is not unpredictable. If you want to beleive it and so many have and continue to do, that's ok by me. Talking about the truth? I already made the difference (the way I see it) between the truth/fact (Haiti is a volatile country) and the myth (Haiti is unpredictable). <i>Asosye lijou!</i>

gelin