Poor Countries Can Have Smart Policies

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:36 pm

I received this correction today:

[quote]This was on a post on your website from Frantz, but it should be news FROM Inter Press Service, DISTRIBUTED by Global Information Network. Maybe you could fix it?

Lisa Vives
Executive Director
Global Information Network
146 West 29th Street Suite 7E
New York, NY 10001
www.globalinfo.org
212-244-3123 (voice)
212-244-3522 (fax)

GLOBAL INFORMATION NETWORK distributes news and feature articles on African and the developing world to mainstream, alternative, ethnic and minority-owned outlets in the U.S. and Canada. Our goal is to increase the perspectives available to readers in North America and to bring into their view information about global issues that are overlooked or shortchanged by the corporate-controlled media.[/quote]

Hey, folks, they are watching!

Thank you, Lisa.

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:23 am

I can't remember how long ago when everyone was focused on Gonaives! Maybe two years ago, a lot of donations from Privates and other Non-Governmental Organizations. Still, Today, Gonaives looks like a Ghost-Town! Where is the money?
Why, I thought that the Prime-Minister would have done something about it, Being from Gonaives.
There is an University which is using the Lycee's facility. The roads are inaccessible. Frankly, I wonder about our donations???
There is no accountability on Who is supposed to do what! Noone knows where money went. In other words, lajan yo glise nan dwEt pEsOnn. Paske pEsOnn pa konnen.
Mwen pa di se vOlE, mwen pap rele bare vOlE. Men, ban m on ti limyE nan devlopman Gonayiv la. Si gen on lOt trajedi ankO, ki kaw, Gonayiv?
Ala ti peyi gen enkonpetan se Ayiti...
If one of You know anything. Let me know what is holding "LA CITE DE L'INDEPENDANCE "???
L'Union fait la Force
leonel