Are There Oil Deposits under Haiti's soil or Seas?

Tidodo_

Are There Oil Deposits under Haiti's soil or Seas?

Post by Tidodo_ » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:21 pm

When I was a child growing up in Jeremie, I could remember, at least once a year, the sweet potatoes they put on the table would taste and smell petroleum. It was always the sweet potato, and none of the other vegetables cooked with them, such as plantains, breadfruit, green bananas, yams, etc.. smelled or tasted like that. For whatever reason, I always discounted the accidental kerosene lamp spilled on them because it was so consistent. I started to develop the idea that perhaps where they were planted there was oil in the soil. Does anybody have an explanation besides that our vendors of sweet potatoes, who were almost always different from the previous ones, were so clumsy that they always spilled the gas in their lamps on our sweet potatoes all during my childhood?

J-M.

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:53 am

Well guys, it could be also that the soil was contaminated somehow?

Perhaps, one day, we will know if ever...

I am wondering if there existed any oil reserve by then, the US woud not have missed it. With their obsession and dependence for OIL, we would have seen a lot of Shell, Exxon et al. in Haiti to surveyor research it...

But, I also heard there is something in the Caribean Sea by Jeremie all the way to Venezuela. How would we know if there is anything? We don't have the Experts and Technology.

Yo tap finn piye nou, san pEsonn pa konnen.

leonel