U.S. troops arrive in the Dominican Republic. Veye Yo

Ezili Danto

U.S. troops arrive in the Dominican Republic. Veye Yo

Post by Ezili Danto » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Salut La Sosyete;

HLLN is getting some very, very disturbing news right now.

This may mean nothing. However, reports, confirmed from several sources indicate U.S. troops have arrived in the Dominican Republic. Watch their destination !!!!!

Last night we tried to get it confirmed. It's partially confirmed. But I think I've waited long enough. At least one US Congressperson has confirm their people have heard the same info.

Here's the link: http://www.legrandsoir.info/article.php ... ticle=3274
This is very disturbing but not surprising.

HLLN is checking this info out further.

Also, the CEP appears to be using "vòt blan" or the "blank votes" to bring the percentages for Preval down, way below the necessary 50% plus 1 vote. Apparently they are putting 15% of the cast votes as blank votes - wh
ich would mean blank votes came in SECOND place in these rigged elections!!!!

Also, there is news that 1/4 of the population of Port au Prince is in the street demanding their vote for Preval not be negated.

Fòk nou priye pou ti pèp la. Danm.

Kenbe la Ayisyen, kenbe fò.

Ezili Danto
Feb. 12, 2006 at 3:14pm

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm

Jean-Marie, you realize that you put yourself on the spot... all by yourself! I must ask you what any intelligent 2nd grader would follow up with: Who's the empire's candidate?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:43 pm

Thanks for the alert, Marguerite! There's got to be at least an official explanation (true or untrue). Who should we call?

Ezili Danto

CEP is improvising,

Post by Ezili Danto » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:26 pm

Hello Guy,

We are still working on this info and talking to the people of Haiti and Congressional friends to see who to ask our Network to call or write to. How to help these beautiful people of ours under siege.

Will let you know.

For the time being: contac the press is my first reaction and your local congressperson. The press must not GO HOME yet. Here are the links on HLLN website where people can write a note to their local and nation media.

Local and national media: http://www.margueritelaurent.com/contac ... media.html

UD Congress
http://www.margueritelaurent.com/contac ... gress.html

I'll write a sample letter if necessary, when time permits. but time is of the essence. We must help the people and try to avert a bloodbath simply because they've voted, en mass, for the only candidate allowed to run who excited them and the people fe
lt could represent their interests and know about their misery.

ELECTION MANIPULATIONS
Don't understand these fools at the CEP.

If Preval has 49.6% (which I am told Bernard is saying, because of the blank votes is lower right now). If the second runner is 15% of blank votes and the next in the line up is Manigat at 13%. What does the CEP want? Will they actually ask to have a second round between Preval and the BLANK VOTES they've just invented and given 15% to, the nearest RIVAL to the front runner, Preval!

So, ok, between Preval and Blank Votes, I wonder who or what will WIN.

THIS IS SURREAL!!!! I'm mortified for these folks.

Also, want to share something someone just wrote us about this person Jacques Bernard. of the CEP who is causing such havoc.

[quote]Forwarded Mail:
Feb. 12, 2006
To: erzilidanto@yahoo.com
Mwen ta renmen atire atansyon ezili sou direktè egzekitif Konsèy Elektoral Ayiti a ki pa yon manm
ofisyèl konsèy la, li pa gen okenn kalifikasyon ni otorite legal pou pibliye rezilta ofisyèl eleksyon 2006 yo.Pa bliye se Gerard Latortue ki te nonmen nonm sa a; Jacques Bernard; kòm patwon Konsèy Elektoral la ki, dapre lalwa pa ta dwe gen yon patwon.[/quote]

According to the 2005 Electoral Law, article 192, the ballots where not even to be SENT to the CEP. They were only suppose to sent the procès verbal that had the totals to the CEP, in Port-au-Prince.

HLLN is reading through the electoral laws and translating them into English.

But, base on what's happening now, with people who are not authorize deciding what is a "blank vote" and what is not. People who are re-adding the procès verbal vote counts, reviewing and revising so to determine that some of the ballots included, were NOT PROPERLY marked and therefore are blank. These fools are IMPROVISING, improvising and twisting and contorting so that the vote won't reflect the people's will.

Unreal!!!

nWait, wait, hold up.....maybe there's some new numbers coming out of the CEP. But everybody is waiting for the CEP 6 o'clock announcement. I haven't found written confirmation of the news yet or spoken directly to anyone closed to the CEP. The latest on Haiti en marche haven't confirmed this - http://www.haitienmarche.com/

M'ALE

Ezili Danto

A little laughter is good even in these times........

Post by Ezili Danto » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:24 pm

Guy,

Thanks for making me laugh. Lord, we needed it. I got this e-mail from someone in our network that I also thought was as hilarious as your post above. It also contains kernels of truth too. " That's right... Here they come again! "

Apparently the CEP is not going to have its press conference tonight afterall. Fequiere of the CEP is saying 52% or more for Preval which is confirmed by International observers, while Jacques Bernard is at 49.1%.

But about those "blank votes", or "BLAN votes, here's what a wonderful white friend of mines, in our Network, wrote me tonight. Thought I'd share it because we need to grab hold of life while the powers-that-be seem so intent on destroying our hope. I don't think my friend will mind if I share this laugh with Ann Pale[quote]

Forwarded Mail:
Subject: [ezilidanto] Correction: A maj
ority of votes is 50% plus 1 vote not 51% as indicated in last email
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:19:12 -0600
To: erzilidanto@yahoo.com

Dear Marguerite,

No need to worry as it is now 49.1% for Preval as of 9:07 AM this morning Sunday and I have figured it out:

They have counted 72,000 blancs in the vote total. So they obviously let all the blancs at the US Embassy, the OAS and the UN vote in the elections. That is why Preval shows only 49.1% of the vote. If subtract these 72,000 votes from the total, then you find that Preval has exactly 51.508% of the vote (if my math is correct).

I know, I'm not very funny, but in some ways it isn't so far from the truth.

kenbe la,[/quote]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Sorry for the humor (if some would judge it not appropriate). I could not resist. It's not because I do not consider the news of U.S. troops arriving in the Dominican Republic, at this time of electoral uncertainty in Haiti, threatening. I imagine that there must be fear of the people's reaction, if and when they steal their votes again.

Of course, it could be for other reasons, as the Dominican government seems perfectly happy with U.S. troops on its soil to help train its own army supposedly. They may not realize that when you invite the devil to dance...

the devil will always have its own agenda.

If the objective is to keep the Haitians from coming, the Dominicans may have bought the most invasive and troublesome out-surance policy ever devised. In their pathos, they may have sold their soul in the process.

Stay tuned.

Ezili Danto

US moves troops to the Dominican side of the Haitian border

Post by Ezili Danto » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:20 pm

[quote]Dominican Today
http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=10087

February 7, 2006

U.S. troops in humanitarian tasks, Barahona residents protest anyway

BARAHONA.- The presence of U.S. Army soldiers in Barahona has nothing to do with what is happening in Haiti; there in a humanitarian mission, said Edwin Cruz, Joint Task Force operations officer in press conference.

Different military branches of this country and of the United States Army, that within the exercises called "New Horizons," who will build four clinics and present medical fairs in the zone.

Hundreds of people took part in a march that began in Barahona's port to the provincial Governor's office to repudiate the American troops' presence, considered interference in the country's internal affairs and contrary to the national sovereignty.

Yesterday in
the National Palace, the head of the Armed Forces said that 450 American reservists comprise the mission and clarified that "they are not the troops or military" of the United States, adding that they are professionals whose main function is humanitarian tasks.

Copyright © 2006 Dominican Today. [/quote]

VEYE YO!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:29 pm

This is strange, since President Bush does not believe in nation building (except when it suits the interests of Big Oil and Halliburton). Humanitarian assistance? Hmm... That is the same outfit that closed a medical school in Haiti.

Ezili Danto

US troops less than 100 miles direct road to Port-au-Prince

Post by Ezili Danto » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:48 pm

Guy,

You're not alone in the skepticism over the "humanitarian mission" reasons being bandied about. To wit:
[quote]

Prensa Latina
< http://tinyurl.com/7puwp >

February 10, 2006

800-plus US troops in Barahona, DR - less than 100 miles by direct road from Port-au-Prince, Haiti

DR Protests US Military Landing

Santo Domingo, Feb 10 (Prensa Latina) The Dominican Republic´s progressive coalition People´s Unity is protesting Friday in front of the US embassy in Santo Domingo the American troop landing in the southern part of this country.

The picket includes rallies, caravans, vigils, marches and other
protest actions, to defend the Dominican sovereignty.

People´s Unity spokesman Ivan Rodriguez denounced that the over 800-soldier deployment in Barahona was a new affront
to his nation.

According to the US military command and the city authorities, the foreign troops came to Barahona to build four policlinics starting on February 21.

But the parish priest of the town´s cathedral, Our Lady of Rosary, Frank Feliz, expressed doubts that the deployment of US soldiers served a bilateral humanitarian project of the governments of the US and the Dominican Republic.

The priest impugned why "such social work" is accompanied by a large amount of war materials, which is being stockpiled at a camp the US military have put up at the headquarters of the 5th Army Infantry Brigade in this town.

Father Feliz insisted that Barahona residents have very little
information about the true objectives of the foreign boots on
Dominican territory.

"Dominicans remember that in 1915, under the so-called Monroe Doctrine America for the Americans, US forces invaded Haiti and a year later our soil," Ivan Rodriguez stressed.

On that occasio
n, they invaded customs and remained in the Dominican Republic for eight years and in Haiti for 19.

mh/ymr/prl/mf

Copyright © 2006 Prensa Latina.[/quote]

Also, there's an unconfirmed report of "large ships" in Haitian waters in Port- au-Prince.