Elections in Haiti

admin
Site Admin

Elections in Haiti

Post by admin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:46 am

Here at Windows on Haiti, we fervently wish that elections will take place in Haiti today in an atmosphere of non-violence and that a true leader will emerge for the country, and not just a symbol of whatever. True, the Haitian people will forge their own destiny, but without enlightened leadership, it will take immeasurably longer.

Given the circumstances of these elections, MAGOUY is inevitable. However, the people of Haiti should now speak Loud and Clear to silence the magouy, once and for all.

The face of America is changing. Haiti must assume its historical role of being at the forefront of real change for the world to see.

Let's discard the past and embrace our future in Solidarity and Self-Determination.

The fact of the matter is that we have had enough of this transition. Too long, too corrupt, too brutal, too divisive, and everything they had wailed against in previous governments
, giving the lie to their stated intentions. A government of the people, by the people, it appears, was never meant for Haitians, it appears, no matter how many times we heard the word "Democracy". But we don't want other people's manufactured democracy. Haitians want it in the true sense of the word, that others have come to misunderstand or completely forget, because they have subverted it within their own democratic systems. In 1776, "We the people" did not include "the niggers". African-American people had to overcome, on their own, and are still struggling to do just that.

In 1994 and 2004, "Democracy" did not consider the voices of the majority in Haiti. Haitian people had to overcome, and continue to struggle to do just that.

Haitians' freedom should be closer now. In a day or so, we will hopefully become certain of it.

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:26 pm

I need to emphasize also, The next President should be for ALL PEOPLE in Haiti.
Not a President of the Masses alone. NOt a President for the Elites. Not a President of the Middle Class or Diaspora.
But a President of all Haitians...
L'UNION FAIT LA FORCE,
leonel

Hyppolite

Post by Hyppolite » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:36 pm

My friend, let's hope I'm wrong. There seems to be something sinister going on. It makes no sense that so many people cannot vote in Port-au-Prince for instance. Metropole and alterpresse seem more focused on the Petionville and Delmas electorate. Meanwhile, there's a whole country yearning to vote for an elected government. Are you looking at the big picture?

Something more sinister seems to be in the air. I am pretty confident that Preval will probably win. Regardless, I don't like the way these elections are playing out in the final analysis.

Hyppolite

Post by Hyppolite » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:41 pm

I just read HEM (Haiti En Marche) flash news about it all. Things seem to be taking place in a more orderly fashion at this point. I trust HEM over most Haitian outlets, because I think they're more moderate. That's my bias. So for now, I'll just resign myself like most, to patiently await until Friday or late Thursday.