BabyDoc is no longer a baby...

Gelin_

BabyDoc is no longer a baby...

Post by Gelin_ » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:32 am

BabyDoc to the rescue?

[quote]The unexpected announced return of Jean Claude Duvalier to Haiti could be a play by the Haitian right and the Americans to restrain the push of the candidacy of Renè Preval, head of an important sector of the Party Lavalás Family, according to a report in the newspaper El Nacional today.

More: http://www.haitixchange.com/hx/article. ... cle_id=127 [/quote]

gelin

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:27 am

Although I believe that he should returned to his native country. But, based on the Constitution, He cannot be President.-
In order to be President, one has to live for at least 5 years and never rejected his Haitian citizenship...
Personnally, I do not care about who the next President is. As long as the Person can deliver.
Haiti is for all Haitians. Eksepte Zenglendo, chimE, Rat pa kk ak tout malfektE kap detwi peyi a (my opinion).
L'union fait la Force,
leonel

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:42 am

By the way, I heard there will be no election for 2 more years...
There will be an interim government composed of, Lesli Voltaire, Simeus and Avril Prosper. Interesting, a suivre!
Everything against Preval.
Bagay yo ap REd nan mwa fevrye a.
Ala peyi gen enkonsyan papa.
Male,
leonel

Hyppolite

Post by Hyppolite » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:56 am

I am not sure why the left or moderate politicians seem to care or worry about the return of Duvalier. This means nothing to me in terms of the elections result. It may mean other things but, not what the traditional right intends it to mean.

1- Those who overthrew Aristide are panicking;
2- Those who thought that the issue was about Aristide are now realizing otherwise: the issue is / was NOT Aristide, but the determination of the vast majority of the Haitian people to participate in the political process;
3- Once again, the traditionalists are showing how limited they are when it comes to analysis of the political situation: they think that Duvalier has enough clout / influence so as to even encourage Haitians to vote for say ... Charles Baker or Evans Paul or Serge Gilles or Manigat.

We could go on and on. I am not worried about that. All I want to know is:
1- Does Preval have enough votes/momentum to muster an outr
ight win after the very first round of elections?
2- What will be the composition of Parliament after these elections?
Once these two questions are answered, then we can come back and debate about the direction of Haiti for say ... the next 3 to 5 years.