USCIS: Who are the members of 184?

admin
Site Admin

USCIS: Who are the members of 184?

Post by admin » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:26 am

Batay Ouvriye recently called attention to this report which may be found at this url : http://tinyurl.com/doa8s or or http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/asyl ... I04001.htm. It appears to have been developed by the National Coalition for Haitian Rights :
[quote]References:

National Coalition for Haitian Rights. Yon Sèl Dwèt Pa Manje Kalalou: Haiti on the Eve of its Bicentennial (New York: NCHR, September 2003), p. 9.[/quote]

It is an extensive list until one reads at the very end:
[quote]13) NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS (Un regroupement de 8 ONG)

8 NGOs – No list provided.[/quote]

Huh?? Could someone tell me who exactly are those 8 NGOs? That information is curiously absent from an otherwise well-researched effort.

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:55 am

Zanfanginen wrote:[quote] I'm wondering when that kind of list would come out mentioning names of the GNB members located in Montreal, especially Raymond Laurent of CKUT-FM and Jean-Ernest Pierre of the so-called Haitian community-own CPAM 1280 AM.[/quote]
Zanfan you publicly identified those individuals as GNB located in the Montreal community and their where about. By doing so, you may have started the list and unintentionally exposed them and their family to a verbal or possibly physical mob lynching.

You know how polarized Haitians are in term of politics.
We are in search of solutions to our problems my brother and that kind of list you suggested is not a good idea.
Others may use surveillance, hear dropping, and black list, but we don't have to be like them.

Let's keep it simple!

Kenbe la fre'm

Michel

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:38 pm

You are right, Michel. Let's use this forum to discuss ideas. While it should interest us to know which organizations (civic and non-profit) participated in G184 for reasons of follow up, dialogue, and organizational identification (what "did" and "do" they stand for), I am not keen on starting here a list of individuals that have sympathized with G184 or GNB for their personal reasons. That would be an unpalatable activity for members of this forum.

Yet I am still puzzled by the lack of identification of the 8 NGO's mentioned in the exhaustive NCHR report, published in this instance on the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

I can certainly call the right people to find out, but I was hoping to get a response right here on this forum.

Anyway, it probably isn't terribly important... Some organizations just tend to get on someone else's bandwagon without a clear or well-defined purpose and will never take t
he time to formulate and defend a point of view of their own.

Rest assured, however, that I strongly discourage fingerpointing specific people that any one of us may have differences with, because this could turn out to be dangerous.

Good call on the moderation!