Latortue says he will step down as Haiti's PM on Feb. 7

admin
Site Admin

Latortue says he will step down as Haiti's PM on Feb. 7

Post by admin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:10 pm

Sun SentinelLatortue says he will step down as Haiti's prime minister on Feb. 7

AFP

January 5, 2006, 11:59 AM EST

PORT-AU-PRINCE -- Haitian Prime Minister Gerard Latortue told AFP Thursday he will step down on Feb. 7, despite the country's elections being postponed.

"I stand by my decision and my pledge to step down on Feb. 7, along with the government," said Latortue, a former exile from Boca Raton.

He said he would attend to the country's minor day-to-day affairs until a newly elected government takes over.

But he stressed that, "from Feb. 7, I will not undertake any new initiatives or make any decisions that involve the state, and I will not approve any laws."

"No matter when elections are held, I will step down on February 7, 2006. I hope the transition period will be a
s short as possible," he added.

A coalition of political parties had clamored for Latortue's resignation, charging that he had failed to organize elections in a timely fashion.

According to Haiti's constitution, the new president should take office on Feb. 7. But, as Haiti has struggled to keep a date for its first elections since former president Jean Bertrand Aristide was forced from office in early 2004, that will not be possible.

A new date for the vote has not been set since elections slated for January 8 were postponed. However, sources close to the government and the electoral council have speculated that a first round could be held on Feb. 7.

Copyright © 2006, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:41 am

That is Latortue's plan. What did his Masters say?
WE all know by now, that Haiti is under occupation. People are in jail illegally, based on their political affiliations.
The elections are being postponed a UNE DATE ULTERIEURE.
They are trying to block Preval's chances of winning. Kidnapping is another form of Ruelle Vaillant deterrents... Enfin, they are trying anything to implement their so-called Democracy!
This is another failure 0n your Resume!!!
The Haitian Constitution did not work(as quoted).
Zo pwason an kole nan gOj nou.
When you start something, you need to finish it.
Se piyay, vinn pran piyay.
L'union fait la Force
leonel

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:26 am

[quote]Kidnapping is another form of Ruelle Vaillant deterrents...[/quote]
Pawòl ki soti nan bouch granmoun...

Gelin_

Re: Latortue says he will step down as Haiti's PM on Feb. 7

Post by Gelin_ » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:31 am

Li di konsa:

[quote]...I stand by my decision and my pledge to step down on Feb. 7</B>[/quote]

Li kontinye:
[quote]..But he stressed that, "from Feb. 7, I will not undertake any new initiatives or make any decisions that involve the state, and I will not approve any laws."</B>[/quote]

Epi li di ankò:
[quote]"No matter when elections are held, I will step down on February 7, 2006</B>[/quote]

Kidonk, sa vle di yon sèl koze: Apre nou se nou!

gelin

Anacaona_

Re: Latortue says he will step down as Haiti's PM on Feb. 7

Post by Anacaona_ » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:59 am

But he also said: [quote] he would attend to the country's minor day-to-day affairs until a newly elected government takes over[/quote]

I wonder under what status he will do that.

Anacaona

Post by » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:45 am

Has Latortue in fact stepped down as he said he would on Feb. 7 2006?

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:27 pm

Yes, he has. But all depends of what you mean by stepping down....

gelin