Strategy during these elections

Hyppolite

Strategy during these elections

Post by Hyppolite » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:30 pm

Something's very clear: the goal now is to do whatever it takes to keep Preval from becoming Haiti's president. Right now, there are two tactics that are in place:
1- Demonstration against insecurity; it's a very good thing because this thing is ripping the country apart. However, it's a virtual certainty that the the demonstration that will take place on Monday, January 9, will have a very heavy anti-Lavalas / anti-Preval ring to it. The best thing for those who are for Preval would be then, to stay away from the streets and to not in any way, try to get involved in the demonstrations. The real and ultimate goal may be to use the opportunity to have more bloodshed, so that the elections won't take place ... yet. Looking for a pretext to once more delay what is almost inevitable;
[b:623321
a755]2- Chant anti-Latortue slogans hoping that he will be forced to resign. If they succeed at that, it will be so much easier to register a longer delay of the elections (or so think the anti-Lavalas / anti LESPWA / anti anything that has a popular ring to it).

We shall see. Either way, it's gonna get worse pretty soon, before it gets better. At least that's how I see it.

Regards.

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:16 am

You are right on target, Hyppolite.
I also heard that they wanted to replace Latortue by the One and only or lonely Gerard Gourgue. Is it true?
leonel

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:25 am

No president can succeed himself... Gourgue proclaimed himself president on February 7 2000. As far as I know, he never resigned his position nor was he ever kidnapped and sent to exile.

Haiti needs new blood: people who are capable of embodying revolutionary change, leaders who can at least articulate a fresh, bold, national vision for the next 5, 10, 25 years... not old metropolitan appointees who can't even tie their own shoes without staff and a special allocation.