Pro-Evolution Clergy ?

Gelin_

Pro-Evolution Clergy ?

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:05 pm

I think that some may find this move interesting..

[quote]Pro-Evolution Clergy Sign Letter Affirming Faith in Darwin's Theory</B>

(AgapePress) - Thousands of mainline church leaders and pastors have signed a letter rejecting a literal interpretation of the creation story in the Bible's Book of Genesis. The "Clergy Letter Project" signatories are urging school board members to "preserve the integrity of the science curriculum by affirming the teaching of the theory of evolution as a core component of human knowledge."

University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh administrator Michael Zimmerman, who founded the project, says the letter has been signed by more than 10,000 clergy members in every state and territory of the United States. The signatures from leaders of Methodist, Episcopal, Presbyterian and other mainline churches represent a "groundswell of support for the compatibility of science and religion," he contends....

Source: http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/2/172006b.asp
[/quote]

gelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:37 pm

Gelin, I think you should join them.

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:12 pm

can't do that.....:-)

gelin

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:33 pm

Gelin,

Why not?
Even, if this question is rethorical.

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:06 am

Because the word 'evolution' means too many things to different people, and each definition has tremendous implications. On top of that, I don't particularly enjoy following others with my head down - it's too risky.

gelin

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:55 am

Gelin, REALLY!
Let's see about the "subjective word" Evolution.
Evolution est la transformation graduelle et continuelle.
Starting from an egg, we transform into a Fetus-embryo. Then, we became a baby. We grew into an adult etc etc. Is it subjective?
Come on, Gel, my Brother, it's life!
Gelin, are you afraid to get the truth, finally?

Let me tell you a little story. This had happened the time where Human used to live in the caves.
[quote]A boy asked his dad,
Why is everyone kneeling in front of this bright light?
Dad answered,
We learned from our Ancestors. It is our Protector!
The son asked,
Can we meet Him?
Dad replied,
Are you Crazy?

Then, one day, the son decided to find out about that bright light who is the Tribe's Protector or God. He went all the way to the top of the cave. He saw an openning. Meanwhile, people at the bottom were screaming and yelling. For, no one ever dared to meet God.

The son kept following the light, went through the opening. Now, he found himself on top of a mountain where there were trees and beautiful grass. On top of the mountain, He could breathe better! Then, he realized the light was caused by something round and hot very high in the sky! This was the Sun!

He went down to the cave to tell his people about it. At first, they didn't want to believe. Because, their ancestors told them that the sun's reflection was GOD.

The tribe decided to follow the Son (crazy) all the way to the top of the mountain through the same little opening. When they got to the top, they realized their ancestor's ignorance. The top was better than inside the moist and colder cave. They also realised that the ones searching for truth were not that crazy anyway. They still believed that the Sun which is unreachable was God. It took them Centuries to know the truth about the Sun and other planets. They also believed that they were the only Human living in that Flat planet called EARTH!

This is a story of Evolution leading to the TRUTH! The truth which everyone is searching, and no one can be sure about. But, we are living proof of Evolution! Longtime ago, People were murdered for searching for the truth! Today, Truth still makes a lot People uneasy and afraid! I wonder why, Gelin?

By the way, I did not make that story. It was from one of my Philosophy classes. I think that it was Logic and Reason... [/quote]

Leonel to the rescue!