See Nekita run... Go, Nekita, go!

Guysanto
Site Admin

See Nekita run... Go, Nekita, go!

Post by Guysanto » Sat May 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Way to go, Nekita! We support you and look forward to a victory.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/malden/homep ... -councilor

Guysanto
Site Admin

Nekita Lamour

Post by Guysanto » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:12 am

http://www.lamourforward5.com/nlamour/home.asp

[quote]

Dear Friends of Malden,

My name is Nekita Lamour. I am pleased to announce my candidacy for City Councilor in Malden's Ward 5. This is the part of the city bordered by the old railroad tracks to the south (Salemwood School area), Franklin, Mt. Vernon, and Montrose Streets to the west, Rockwell and Willard Streets to the east, and the Melrose town line to the north.

Ward 5 includes large portions of Malden's valuable open space, such as Pine Banks Park, Forest Dale Cemetery, and the railroad corridor.

I have been a homeowner in Malden for 10 years. As an outgoing and public-spirited person since I moved here, I believe I have a strong sense of the concerns and interests of Malden such as clean streets, safe neighborhoods, a high quality school system, recycling, and comprehensive waste collection that every one participates in and benefits from.

I pledge to be accessible to help everyone be involved in making decisions about their future and that of Malden. For this, I will use a combination of newsletters, websites, e-mail, local radio and television appearances and/or messages, as well as attendance at various community meetings and events. I will also try to have some available office hours.

As your City Council member, I will do my best to represent and be a voice for Ward 5 residents. In addition, I will be proud to help Ward 5 bring forth new20ideas. We can be a “Green and Engaging Ward” that sets an example for Malden and the whole North Shore.

Initiatives that I have taken or participated in will continue. For example, last year I worked with “Bike to the Sea,” cofounded by Ward 6 School Committee member Steven Winslow, on a spring cleanup of the Salemwood area. The result was the DPW removing three truckloads of trash.

One of my dreams is to see this railroad corridor cleaned out, turned ove r, and transformed into a green friendly bikeway with trees, benches, and a jogging and walkable route all the way to the seacoast.

I also participate in neighborhood and park cleanings organized by Ward 1's Councilor Gary Christenson. Another example of my involvement beyond Ward 5 is my participation in the important Malden Vision workshops over the past two years. Hopefully this Vision will become a blueprint for our future development as a North Shore city.

In addition to my lifelong community involvement, my experience as a parent of two and a public school educator for 27 years will be valuable. My academic preparation from the former Boston State College, UMass Boston, Lesley University then Lesley College), and Weston Jesuit Sch ool of Theology (now merged with Boston College) will also help in this Ward 5 Councilor position.

Overall, I look forward to a) a more active citizens' participation in decisions that impact Ward 5, b) more neighborhood beautification projects, c) greater attention to the needs of youth and young adults, d) support for home-grown arts like theater, dance, cultural events, and lectures as well as other continuing education activities; and e) more communication and interaction with the other wards.

Malden may be one of Massachusetts' oldest towns, but it can also be young at heart. Our residents should always find living here worthwhile and pleasantly enjoyable. Good ward leadership is a way to make this happen.

If you elect me, we will have the new leadership that Ward 5 needs.

Thank you for your support and please call or write me with your ideas for an exciting and informative campaign - 781-321-1003 and nplamour@aol.com.

Nekita Lamour

An Active Leader for a Community in Action[/quote]

Nekita Lamour

Thank you

Post by Nekita Lamour » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:16 am

Thank you Guy and all the friends in windows. Campaigning has been a learning experience and hard work that I am enjoying. If you are in the Boston area, I can use some hands on help. Consider volunteering. Call me ( 781-321-1003) or respond via the " volunteers" in the web link. Wherever you are, I can use and in need of some money. You may donate via paypal or personal checks to Committee to Elect Nekita Lamour, P.oBox 5 Malden, MA 02148. No business, or corporation checks.

If you are a US. citizen, you can donate any where in the world. If you are a legal resident or in the US legally, you can donate any where in the US. If you have friends in the US, tell them to support this extraordinary, daring endeavor Visit my campaign website above.

Thanks a lot everyone,
Nekita