Blessed be Farmer who is Angry Like Jesus

Gelin_

Re: Blessed be Farmer who is Angry Like Jesus

Post by Gelin_ » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:38 am

[quote]...Jafrikayiti - "I was sick and you visited me. I was hungry and you fed me!"[/quote]
Let me try to pick up from here...

Many christians today see sick and hungry people NOT the same way Jesus (whom they claim to follow) saw them in his time, and commanded his disciples to see them in their own time. Many, not all but many, see sickness and poverty as a result of a divine curse of some sort on the afflicted. They refuse to understand the simple natural laws involved. They are so far from the truth of the bible they carry so proudly. What did James say about that?

[quote]Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have h
oarded wealth in the last days.

Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you. - James 5:1-6. [/quote]

Contrary to Jesus, the prophets before him, as well as the apostles after him, who were preaching justice (social and economic), many so-called believers are singing "okejeswizere" while living in aboundance in the midst of undescribable poverty. The words quoted by Jaf came from Matthew 25, where Jesus said that whatever we do to the poor and the sick, we actually do it to himself.

Another apostle went even further:

[quote]If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love
God, whom he has not seen. - 1 John 4:20.
[/quote]

gelin