Tidbits of conversation

Guysanto
Site Admin

Tidbits of conversation

Post by Guysanto » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:25 am

Hi, Guy

I don't like Bush's politics, either, (and he's far less intelligent than Titide) but we'll be done with him in a year. He violates our constitution, but I don't think he's a true autocrat.

T. L.

Hi, T. L.

You'll be done with Bush in a year? Well, yes, we can be assured that there will not be a coup -- just more of Bush in the form of Giuliani. May the Vodoun gods save us from those madmen!

Guy

Hi, Guy

The Vodoun gods?? Damballah? Erzulie? Legba? Oguh? Agoue? Ki dieu???

T. L.

Hi, T. L.

All of them. It does not matter. They are all figments of our imagination, anyhow. Vodun people believe in a Supreme Being also, and call him "Gran Mèt La". The difference between Vodoun people and other religions is that they fervently believe in the active (benevolent or malevolent) participation of the spirits (souls?) of the departed ones in their daily lives. That is in essence the same superstitious trait exhibited by Catholics and other Christians who believe that the Devil is out there, attempting to trip them at every turn, and they must therefore say Hail Mary's or other prayers, cross, genuflect, and all sorts of other saintly/superstitious practices to acquire the protection of the good spirits and ward off the influence of the bad spirits. I don't know much about Judaism, so I will not address it directly, other than to note that it shares the same origins as Christianity and Islam. All I am saying is that in the end it really does not matter who someone may consider to be a god or goddess. That is simply a cultural interpretation, and no one really knows the truth about "supernatural" stuff. Believers just pretend to know. In reality, they know jack. Regardless of beliefs, we are all in the same spaceship on a trip to an unknown destination with no return address.

Guy

Hi, Guy

Mwen se dako, sen pou sen avek sa ou di. Relijyon-a se you fason pou explike sa nou pa ka kompran'n. Gran Met La se Allah, se tout dieu grek, se El Shaddai, se vishnu, se pyebwa, se anj, se sa ou vle ou byen sa ou croue. Exkise kreyol-mwen-a; mwen poko fo. Men ou kompran'n sa m'ap di.

T. L.