Congratulations and Happy Obama Year, everyone!

Guysanto
Site Admin

Congratulations and Happy Obama Year, everyone!

Post by Guysanto » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:41 am

We Are the Ones We Have Been Waiting for!

If you hold a Victory Party for Obama this weekend, think of YouTubing a a short video of it. That would be great. I could then provide access to it from Windows on Haiti. Title it "Haitian-American Party for Barack Obama" and you may even become famous. Ha ha ha! Who knows, some among you could even be selected to serve on the executive staff of any of the various offices in the Obama administration. That would be great!

I wonder if Patrick Gaspard will get such a position. He was named the Policy Director of Obama's campaign, but I haven't heard anything more about it, since his appointment.

Let me share with you something that I wrote in "Ann Pale" on February 13, 2007 (yes, almost two years ago) :

"I have indeed met a few people who have watched Barack Obama for years, even campaigned for him. I have also been to a special week of training by an organization that dedicates itself to the exercise of political power to attain social goals. To my great surprise, I learned that Barack Obama attended the same training. He even became a trainer for that organization. Everyone I have met, who has known Obama, is convinced that he is a guy who is so focused on what he wants that he is virtually certain to attain more and more power."

"By the way, remember that the guy who succeeded Barack Obama as Senator in Illinois is a Haitian [by the name of Kwame Raoul], who has himself just been elected in his own right by over 80% of the vote (that is an extraordinary achievement!)"

Some of you may know Kwame's sister, Ninaj, who is a fierce defender of women's rights (most especially domestic workers, and also migrant laborers in the Dominican Republic). Ninaj is a wonderful Haitian lady who lives and works right next to us in Brooklyn, NY.

The Haitian community has produced such extraordinary people. It is time that we are given the recognition that we deserve as a community. As you know, we have to work at least twice as hard to get it.

I hope to be able to join you on a wonderful train ride to Washington DC for the inauguration. We will be there to celebrate a Man for All Mankind. We need to let him know that we want to support him, but at the same time he needs to understand that there is NO "GOOD WAR" against any nation on Earth. We do understand that undercover operations may be needed to neutralize dangerous terrorists, but wholesale wars against world communities of men, women, and children (attending weddings or otherwise) to strike against a small group of enemies is a profoundly immoral proposition. In rejoicing for Obama, we also need to demonstrate to the world that " We Are the Ones that We Have Been Waiting for. " Obama cannot achieve anything at all without our support. Let us be sure that we provide that strong and enlightened support every step of the way.

OK, now back to the party. On opening "Windows on Haiti" (windowsonhaiti.com or haitiforever.com), you will observe that I have worked diligently to select the best music videos for Obama, which can be used at any party. If you have some other favorites, please share them with me. Make your own videos. Share them with the world. I will be glad to assist you in doing that.

Enjoy this weekend. I certainly will enjoy mine.

Guy