To my American and Ann Pale sisters...

Guysanto
Site Admin

To my American and Ann Pale sisters...

Post by Guysanto » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:59 am

To my American sisters...
black and/or white, Caucasian or Eskimo, Native or New Immigrant, of Haitian descent and whatever other classification...

Barack Obama was a finished product. Sarah Palin was and still is an unprepared and ignorant politician with a mean streak and seemingly a fair ability to read competently from a teleprompter (at the National Republican Convention, she fooled me into thinking that she was going to be a force to be reckoned with... until she devolved into a mindless, ferocious, extremely dangerous pit bull... lipstick or no lipstick). She tried her darnedest to label Barack Obama a terrorist, at a time that so many people think that terrorists should be brought to justice "dead or alive" (with notable exceptions, of course). She depicted Obama as the enemy, and no amount of apologies from Sarah or John McCain will ever change that. In fact, John McCain has been the most cynical of all by selecting Sarah in the first place and giving her the mission that she merely tried to execute. Let's call it for what it was: "political lynching". There is no need to mince words at this time. People seem now to focus on "a gracious speech" but John McCain's campaign was anything but gracious. It was the biggest disgrace I have ever witnessed. McCain can now take his legacy and stick it where it belongs... probably somewhere in the wilderness of Alaska.

The reason I am writing to you is to say "don't despair". Sarah Palin does not represent you anymore than Clarence Thomas represents people of African descent on the Supreme Court. They will be the discarded footnotes of history, having only achieved administrative levels well beyond their level of competence and intelligence. But anyone who has worked in Corporate America has witnessed this phenomenon of awarding positions of authority to undeserving "minority" people while denying opportunities to far more competent people belonging in the same minorities.

For her qualities of "chyèn anraje" even more than her amazing ignorance of the basics of nearly everything of importance ("are you smarter than a third grader?"), Sarah Palin deserves to go and never come back on the political scene.

Every woman that I have "palled around" with has been more deserving...

This is where you can play a major role. Reject subservient roles of power. Keep your dignity about you. Never again allow such mediocrity to be elevated to lofty levels by old fools who would do anything at all to grab power for themselves, by any means necessary...

Beware. Cultivate your own power. Be ready to demand it, as Hillary Clinton demonstrated. I am not a fan of hers (for reasons having to do with political credibility). But I do admire the example that she has traced. Between Sarah and Hillary, there truly is no comparison.

You, however, have the smarts about you to trace your own path. Rest assured, I will be in your corner.

Dear sisters, the ball is in your court...