Keith Olbermann's Special Commentary

Guysanto
Site Admin

Keith Olbermann's Special Commentary

Post by Guysanto » Sun May 18, 2008 7:46 pm

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Sun May 25, 2008 4:50 pm

I completely agree with the substance of what Keith Olbermann had to say in his Special Commentary. As a matter of fact, I have expressed the same sentiments many times on this forum.

Olbermann's last statement jolted me however. I had not expected an anchorman from any major media (such as MSNBC) to be foolhardy enough to scream at the top of his lung: "Mr Bush... Shut the Hell Up!"

I would have refrained from saying it in that exact manner. I don't even think it's right. I would have shown some deference towards the Office of the Presidency, if not the person who occupies it. Also, I have to add that I am not truly interested in having Mr. Bush shut up. I just want him to stop waging war and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people to satisfy his delusions and America's corporate greed.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: George Bush, Dick Cheney, and their cohorts are war criminals, worse than Saddam Hussein ever was (and he was one the world's worst despots). Hussein met a gruesome end: he was hung and his head severed. On the other hand, George Bush and Dick Cheney will retire with (z)illions of dollars and the adulation of millions of ordinary "couldn't care less" Americans, as well as right-wing Christian zealots, super-greedy capitalists, and various groups of haters out there. They will play golf (again...), shoot quail, write books, get on the lecture circuit as a way of making a few millions more, and not really care for leaving the nation in the sorry state that it is now - financially, but even more so in terms of its sullied image in the worldwide community. Individually, they will not have to deal with the consequences of their disastrous wars and most certainly will never spend a day in court or in jail for their crimes against humanity.

That is simply the way of our world.

But... I would not have Mr. Bush shut up, in spite of all of this. When he opens his mouth, what comes out is usually a gold mine for Democrats and students of ridicule. So, with all the respect that you deserve, Mr. Bush: Talk on, Mr. President, talk on...