"Hi," from the webmaster of Windows on Haiti

admin
Site Admin

"Hi," from the webmaster of Windows on Haiti

Post by admin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:24 am

As you can tell, I have been working extra hard on organizing the forum, giving it a new look, categorizing thousands and thousands of messages for quick and intelligent access, etc. Last year, you have given me your generous support and I am trying to give you back a first-class product. I do hope that it meets your needs, but don't be afraid to give me some feedback on occasion. I basically work from 100% inspiration, and the few among you who have attended the first Ann Pale Member Reunion have done much to uplift my spirits. Still, I have to assume all the hard work of maintaining this website by myself, and it represents for me a second full-time job. It feels lonely at times, so you are always welcome to stop by, virtually speaking, and say Hi to the webmaster via e-mail or private messages. While I will not always have time to respond (besides the two full-time jobs, I also have to tend to my loved ones and to my considerable social network, which is no small feat -- and I am always considering additional activities, like one which I will start soon, consisting of one-hour radio commentary weekly), I will always appreciate your contact as well as your feedback. That's the fuel that keeps me going. You damn well know that it can't be the money (I have already resigned myself to retirement in poverty, but hopefully a dignified one). So, in spite of the fact that I sleep very little (and will probably die early as a result), and that I stretch the hours of the day in more ways than you could count, and that I am always looking to do something more significant in my life, it still feels lonely on occasion and sometimes even impersonal.

Do say hi when you can, we may even do lunch sometimes (my personal jet is waiting to take me to your favorite meeting place, at a moment's notice).

Love you guys!

(and gals, too, of course)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:51 am

[quote]Guy,

I've been quietly watching as you have given Ann Pale a post-Reunion facelift. Day by day, I've observed the additions and changes. You have done a remarkable job. I love the new look and feel but that's not all you have been up to. The way you have re-organized the data and developed the sub-folders within the major sections has made navigating Ann Pale even more intuitive and self-explanatory. Just from a quick glance at the main page, even a new visitor can quickly hone in on specific topics of interest.

Having done some webwork myself, I have a deep appreciation for the technical expertise, as well as creativity and diligence, you have brought to this renovation of Ann Pale.

Guy, historically, very very few Haitian sites have lived long enough to experience a renaissance.

But because of your devotion to Haiti, to us, and to this forum and because of your self-sacrifice (time, energy, sleep, family time, money ...), instead of going down the tubes, Ann Pale is more alive and vital than ever before.

Thanks, Guy.

My hands are getting better so I'll be entering into the fray a bit more often than the past couple of months.

Marilyn[/quote]

Thsnk you so much for your encouragement, Marilyn!

Caroline

Hey

Post by Caroline » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi Guy,

You are awesome. Truly awesome.

Caroline