Meet Suzanne Simpson

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:17 pm

Thank you so much, LaPatriote, both for answering the questions and for your very generous donation of $100,000 to WOH. With that kind of money, I will truly be able to make the site secure. In addition, the site itself will become so much richer in information, because I will be able finally to get some help in collecting all sorts of cultural and historical information. This help will come in the form of a Leoganais or Leoganaise, I assure you...perhaps a graduate from the Patriotic School of Belle Fortune! I think I will retain the services of Anacaona too, as a consultant.

You give me much hope.

Tidodo_

Post by Tidodo_ » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:55 am

Welcome to Ann Pale LaPatriote! Based on your post above, you have a lot to contribute, and perhaps would fare better than I do. So, please share your knowledge, sense of humor and thoughts with us. We can be entertained and learn a lot from you.

J-M

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 am

Thanks for your extraordinary generosity, Suzanne. I acknowledge the $100 you donated to Windows on Haiti last year, as well as the $100,000 you would give if you had ten million dollars to spend. There is absolutely no doubt on my mind that you would do as you stated. Now, you've got my mind spinning: How would I in turn spend the $100,000 from a Windows on Haiti perspective?

Well, with so much money, I would definitely procure the services of a lawyer to finalize the incorporation as a non-profit, in addition to an accountant and a grant writer as needed. I would insist that you become a member of my board of trustees, along others such as Marilyn, Jean-Marie, Serge, Leonel, Frantz, Nekita, Gelin, Jonas, Jafrikayiti, Michel, Ezili, Caroline, "Shella Saint Fleur-Lominy", and a few others. I would immediately hire Anacaona, Carline, and Liline, Palmis, Zanfanginen, and perhaps a few others as WOH Research Associates. I would establish a temporary office in the diaspora and I would ask my dear wife to be the Office Manager, if that is allowed (she is well organized and keeps me out of trouble). I would then ask Dunord to be our agent and look for an attractive office location in Haiti for the long term, but well away from Port-au-Prince. I would briefly consider asking Gifrants to provide security services, but as I said only briefly. And of course, we would get down to work hard at turning Windows on Haiti into the premier publishing service of research material on Haiti.

Did I spend the $100,000 yet? I am sorry, Suzanne, but would you consider... ,,,, no, never mind. Time to lean on the grant writer and to also get some money from our members. Most of them have been meaning to pay their dues for quite a while, but cannot just get around to it (since 1998!). So let's make a round "to-it" and pass it to all of our members. After all, where else can they get the quality of information on Haiti besides our Windows? They should realize that it does not come cheap. Not even the original $100,000 Simpson grant could last "à perpétuité" (forever).

One last thing, do you think I could get a picture of Suzanne Simpson to be placed on top of her introduction? We ask that from all our trustees.

God bless!

The Executive Director