2005 Contributions to Windows on Haiti

admin
Site Admin

2005 Contributions to Windows on Haiti

Post by admin » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:22 pm

We have finally reached our goal this year of receiving donations from 20 individuals at least.

We tallied 19, many months ago, and it seemed that #20 would never materialize. Now it has, thanks to Suzanne Simpson and her Projet De Belle Fortune.

For the month of November so far, WOH has received two contributions, in the form of three checks: two of $50 from one source (individual/organization) and one for $25.

We have reached our goal of 20 contributors for 2005.

The barometer was stuck at 19 for the past 6 months, but we finally climbed that mountain! We are very grateful for our small base of supporters. A few of them keep giving, and gving, and giving. They certainly must see the worth of our efforts.

The amount they have given in support of this website is staggering. They have given much mo
re than I ever expected from such a small group. I can only wish more would join them to show their appreciation in a tangible way. But those who have given keep on giving for those who do not.

I am really very grateful and I humbly thank them once more.

Guy S. Antoine
Windows on Haiti

Status as of 11/11/2005:

# contributors = 20 (challenge: at least 20, challenge met!)
Total amt raised = $3,660 (challenge: $5,000) (73% so far!)

Thank you Suzanne Simpson, Paul Dauphinais, Griff, Raymond, Jean-Marie Florestal, Leslie Péan, Frantz Jean, Leonel Jean-Baptiste, Gladys N'Deurbelaou, Serge Bellegarde, Michel Nau, Jean Saint-Vil, Marilyn Mason, Claudette Werleigh, Jean Gelin, Kathy Dorcé, Cali Ruchala, Jude Jean-François, Thérèse Antoine, Rose Edy Saint-Fleur, and all past, current, and future sponsors of Windows on Haiti.

Special mention to Jean-Marie Florestal, Leonel Jean-Baptiste, Serge Bellegarde, M
ichel Nau, Cali Ruchala, Rose Edy Saint-Fleur for their repeated contributions.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:26 am

I just want to amend what I said before on this topic with the announcement of a twenty-first contributor (one over my stated goal!!)

The total now stands at $4160 and counting... There's a week left in the year and $5,000 does not seem so far now.

Who knows?

I have received numerous contributions ranging from $25 to $500. They go to a special Windows on Haiti fund, and checks may be written directly to Windows on Haiti. They are not tax-deductible (though they may be in the future if our resources allow us to incorporate as a not-for-profit organization). For now, I see your contributions as 4,160 votes of confidence in Windows on Haiti. Some of our political candidates would be envious ;-)

Thank you and rest assured that I will continue my best to keep this website at a very high level of performance and with the highest standards of integrity and content quality. I only wish I had more time... you would all be pleased if I did.

A special note of gratitude to the Haitian Solidarity Network of the Northeast (HSNNE) for their latest contribution.

God bless you all! Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Guy S. Antoine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: 27 Dec 2005 06:20 am

Received one more contribution on December 22.

Thank you, Anacaona!