Hello? Hello?

Barb

Hello? Hello?

Post by Barb » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Apparently once again Haiti has disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle. It seems there is no news from Haiti on any of the news channels I pursue.
AND all of the regular contributors are off on a cruise somewhere. Is there something going on I don't know about?

It sure seems empty around here these days.

Hello? Hello?

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 pm

Barb, I am bewildered as much as you. I don't really know what I can do about that.

jafrikayiti

Nou antotye, men nou la!

Post by jafrikayiti » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 pm

I, among the guilty, would like to register that I have not abandoned the Windows. The month of February may be the shortest in the year, it is one of the busiest for me. Yet, there is so much that I would like to exchange with Annpale comrades about.

For instance, this coming February 28, the one and only Ezili Danto (Marguerite Laurent) will be in Ottawa, speaking truth to power - the way she does - as part of the Ottawa Initiative on Haiti 2009.

Palmis and I and other comrades are working tirelessly to get this event on foot and webcasted live at www.mogulus.com/akasantv

I just read the HSG's article citing PADPA's concerns about the money Duvalier stole and hid in Swiss banks. Camille Charlmers will be joinging the conference by Skype videoconference. So, this is definitely one item that will surface in the discussions. It would be so great if we could begin some discussinons of the various items being discussed at that conference right here on Annpale and somehow connect the two spaces - on the 28th...

Problem is, it all takes time,energy and dedication. So, please brothers and sisters, let's keep the windows open and let Guy know that we are here...

By the way Obama is preceding Ezili. He is coming to Ottawa on Thursday.

We'll see what his impact will be.

M ale

Jaf

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm

AKASAN-TV is a major initiative. I wish you, Jude, and all others involved a lot of success.

By the way, I still have 14 sets of LAFIMEN, Vol. 1 (CD #1) and Vol. 2 (CD #2 and #3) available. I could still try to raise funds for Windows on Haiti, as you intended, but if I am not successful, I am open to the idea of returning them to you for sale on your own website (or via direct sales). In fact, if you are running low on inventory, let me know.

Anyway, don't worry about your recent lack of participation, as I know that you are quite active on other fronts. It was just a little strange that practically everyone retreated at once... as though we reached a collective decision to give up on Ann Pale. I know that this is not the case, but it certainly seemed like that on occasion.

What I would like to ask all of you if you can no longer participate for one reason or another is to promote Ann Pale to others who might benefit from the exposure and our association.

Once more, AYIBOBO for AKASAN and AKASANTV!

Kenbe pa moli,
Guy