Site Admin

January 1, 2009

Post by Guysanto » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:18 am

We celebrate :

- Haiti's Independence Day

- 50 years of the Cuban Revolution

- Buyu Ambroise (of the Blues in Red band) 's birthday

- Serge Bellegarde (of Ann Pale and Chronique Musicale's fame) 's birthday

- The first of the last 20 days of George Bush as President (Oh, what a relief!)

- Counting down from 20 days to the reality of a new President of the United States who breaks the mold once and for all. ¡Viva Obama!

Anything more to celebrate? Please let us know...

Happy New Year, everyone!

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:48 pm

A PYE NOU YE, TOUT ZANMI E VIZITÈ YO!

Bòn Fèt, Serge Bellegarde!

I am signing off for today, so I'll see you all next year. I wish a few more of you had been more "present" these last few days, but I know how it goes...

May the new Obama era bring us closer to each other in thought and action for everyone's wellbeing!

Guy

Serge

Post by Serge » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:07 am

Guy,

Thank you for the wishes. You know, sometimes you get to a point in your life when you tend to forget that it is your birthday because you suddenly realize: epa map gran moun tout bon!....So you start acting surprised when someone tells you: Happy Birthday!.....

But just kidding.. On a more serious note, let me wish evryone on the forum and their families a better year 2009. I do not say Happy New year, I prefer to say Better New Year, because it will take a while before we get to a Happy New year. We have many reasons to believe that 2009 will be better than 2008, if only because change is coming. So let us hope for the better.

As for our country, we have to remain optimistic, even if the slide continues. I firmly believe that one of these days - I hope to live to see that day - a leader, a real leader, an enlightened leader, will rise up the ashes and with firm, full support of the Haitian people, will drastically change course, finally putting us on the path to renewal...

Let us dream...Why not? If an Obama can be elected in the United States, if the capitalist system can be so dramatically shaken in its core, why not ?

Kenbe fèm,
Serge