Lataye and David Rudder in concert on April 19 at NJPAC

Guysanto
Site Admin

Lataye and David Rudder in concert on April 19 at NJPAC

Post by Guysanto » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:24 pm

[quote]As Bob Marley is to Jamaica and Bruce Springsteen is to New Jersey, so is David Rudder to his homeland of Trinidad. The beat and heart of his music is Shango Baptist chanting, but his vibrant vocal style is tinged with American jazz, African folk music, scat-singing, and the high-energy of rock. Newsweek calls Rudder "the King of soca," while The Los Angeles Times says that "he could easily be the next Caribbean artist to break through in a big way."

For this exclusive performance, dedicated to the Haitian music, Rudder will be joined by Lataye, a sizzling Haitian band that has created a unique, highly spiritual music that melds traditional Haitian Vodou melodies and rhythms with elements of rock, pop and blues.

Presented as part of NJPAC's Alternates Routes.

Tickets: $39

njpac.org 1-888-GO-NJPAC
Once Center Street, Newark, NJ[/quote]

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:07 am

[quote]Dear TEAM:

On behalf of the Haitian Community, I wish to thank each and everyone for working so hard to make last night's performance the success we envisioned. This is a perfect example of efficient team work and dedication. It was refreshing to witness how our performers kept the audience on its feet. Members of our audience came from the Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York. Thank you for allowing me to partake this wonderful experience.

There are so many people to name that I will refrain from this exercise lest I forget somebody.

Happy Tenth Anniversary to NJPAC and Windows on Haiti !

Very truly yours,

Frantz Brillant
973-698-5970
[/quote]