WOH REUNION

Leoneljb

WOH REUNION

Post by Leoneljb » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:33 pm

For WOH's Tenth Birthday, I would like to suggest that it would have been great to have a Reunion of members and viewers somewhere.

Donk, bay sijestyon nou. N'ap tann.

wen te ekri oun pakèt bagay talè'a. Men, lè m'ale pou'm submit. Tout bèl ekriti'm yo al bwa chat. Se sa'k fè, m'ap kite nou fè rès pale yo.

Sa nou panse?

Léonel

Frantz

Post by Frantz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Leonel,
Nou ap ba w sipô. Nou deja pare; kidonk ki jou e kibò ou panse nou ta dwe oganize l. Kòm nou pa genyen fredi bô isit lan, si nou dakò, nou ka fè l nan Miami oubyen Savannah. N ap tann sa lot kanmarad yo panse.
Kenbe la e jwaye kanaval.
frantz

Guysanto
Site Admin

Think Local. Stay focused.

Post by Guysanto » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:09 am

Hi Frantz,

April 19-20. Think local. Organize an encounter in Haiti (Dunord?), another in Miami/Fort Lauderdale (you just volunteered you and Tidodo to organize it), another in New York/New Jersey/Washington (Leonel, Anacaona, Shelony, Serge and others in the area can do the same), Boston (Nekita, Tayi, Marilyn...), Montreal/Ottawa (Jude, Jafrikayiti, Manzè Choublak...) and perhaps others. No need to anticipate buying plane tickets. The celebration can be more or less local for everyone. You just get a few buddies. Then we can communicate via Skype or other.

Have a good time. But be focused. Everything takes preparation. Think of a program. Get other people's input. For those in New Jersey, our great musical group "Lataye" (best band you may never have heard of) is playing April 19 at NJPAC (New Jersey Performance Arts Center). Sa se gwo koze! NJPAC is at the same level of sophistication as the more famous Lincoln Center. I can arrange for discount tickets if there is sufficient interest. I can't wait to meet new faces...

Perhaps at a designated time Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon, we could all communicate with each other, wherever we are... Haiti, Dominican Republic, Guadeloupe, U.S., Canada, Europe, and other continents (???) With today's sophisticated media technologies, that could be very simple, if it is well planned. We have community radios, television, web spaces. All that is needed is planning and a bit of organization. Local, that is. Small groups of people. No need to travel far. Most of all, a sincere desire to make it work.

The 10th anniversary of Windows on Haiti. Are you up to it? Do you want to be part of it? Let us know if you are interested.

Anacaona

Post by Anacaona » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Leonel, Frantz, Guy and others,

I am definitely interested in attending a celebration for the 10th anniversary of WOH at a local scale. I have been too committed lately with school work that my social life is dead (not that it was ever alive, but at least I use to pretend that I had one). Anyway, looking at this semester's schedule, I can definitely make time to participate to a certain level. It has always been my dream to meet all of you one day. Hopefully, that day will come soon. I can't promise to help organize anything, but I sure will make an effort to attend.

Ana!

Jgpalmis

Post by Jgpalmis » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:44 pm

I like the new Jersey Idea for two reasons.

Of course - 1st WOH Birthday
- 2nd Lataye event/ concert

2 Kabès !

n.b: Nenpòt kote sa ap fèt la (Local) Se pral premye fwa mwen ap kapab gen chans rankontre pi fò moun nan fanmi-a.

Ann Kontinye pale!

Serge

Post by Serge » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:52 am

Guy,

Mwen ta remen sipòte lide Jgpalmis la.

Nou deja ap gen yon gwo konsè kap fèt la. Se yon Samdi li ye. Si ou te ga ban nou ki lè konsè a ap fèt, sa ta bon. Fè nou konen konbyen biyè yo, epi nou ta ka pwograme pou nou rankontre nan la jounen samdi. Si nou sipoze konsè a se nan aswè, oubyen ta nan lapremidi, nou ta ka rankontre pou lunch yon kote (si posib nan yon restoran ayisyen) epi nou fè rankont sa byen espesyal. Si gen radyo nan zon kote reprezantan nou ta kapab fè yon rale sou Windows on Haiti (suivez mon regard), sa ta bon nèt, epi nou tout ta vale nan konsè a apre sa. Si posib, nou ta ka menm pwograme yon lòt bagay pou dimanch anvan nou tout repati.

Pou mwen menm, mwen deja ap fè plan pou mwen New Jersey jou sa kanmenm pou konsè sa. Men si gen lòt pwopozisyon, mwen pare. Kouman sa sonen pou tout moun?

Serge

jafrikayiti

Post by jafrikayiti » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:13 pm

If the video link option is to be adopted someone with technical skills need to take on that charge early (sorry it cant be me.....I am a user of technology but its not my forte). Do we all have skype? Is this thing still free? I am also in favour of the Lataye conection. Great company great music, that's what a party is all about...

Serge

Post by Serge » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:12 am

Jaf, I believe Skype is still in operation. I used to have it and I am going to reinstall it. It would be a good way to communicate.

Serge

Jgpalmis

Post by Jgpalmis » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Lafanmi kouman nou ye,

Alo Guy,

Mwen swete ou tande lòt manb fanmi yo. Wikenn 19-20 avril la, èske fanmi-a ap rasanble vre ?.

M' konstate gen gwo silans ki fè sou pwopozisyon sa-a. ! Tanpri di m' se zòrèy mwen ki bouche.

M'ale

Palmis

Serge

Post by Serge » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:54 pm

Kanmarad,

Mwen menm mwen vote pou dat 19-20 avril. Kom mwen te deja di, map Nouyòk kanmenm jou sa yo e li ta bon si nou te ka ranje pou nou tout la.

Serge

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:04 am

I don't think there is enough enthusiasm for a celebration at this time. Perhaps it is best to postpone it.

For those who can attend, I still think that the "Lataye" event (actually, David Rudder leads the bill - see http://www.njpac.org/show_events_list.asp?shcode=14932). I certainly hope to be able to go. But in terms of a celebration of the 10th anniversary of Windows on Haiti, that does not seem to be in the cards.

Et la bataille cessa, faute de combattants.

Serge

Post by Serge » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:11 pm

Guy,

Li ka panko twò ta pou bagay yo reyalize jan nou ta vle li. Antouka, pou mwen menm, map vini kanmenm. sitou lè mwen tande David Rudder ap la tou. Misye se youn nan atis Soca mwen pi renmen. Li ekri, byen, mizik li gen anpil kreyativite ladan. Se bagay serye nèt!

Na wè nan 19 avril.

Serge

Tayi

Post by Tayi » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:10 am

Guy,

I certainly have not posted much recently, but I always try to browse through some threads. I did not even realize the April 19-20 proposition till today. Is it possible that people just don't know about it? Is there a way you can send an e-mail to the members and have them reply by a certain date (maybe even with a vote for location if not the local ones.

There is a slight possibility that I will be on a mission trip to Haiti during that time, but otherwise I would love to participate either here in Boston or even drive to NJ.

Tayi

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:03 pm

WOH's 10th anniversary is less than 1 month away! If you are in the least interested in participating in one fashion or another, please say so now before it is too late!

Thank you,
Guy

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Guy,

I can't say anything precise right now, but if there is a number to call in I may be able to jump in for a few minutes and exchange some greetings and wishes.

gelin

Anacaona

Post by Anacaona » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi All,

Somehow, I had the feeling that there was going to be lunch and a concert. I talk to my sister about it and we were both interested to have lunch with the family. Anyway, I hope that we reach a final decision soon.

Rose

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:58 am

Ana, great! There are very few of us who have manifested interest in getting together for the occasion, but in my experience even very small gatherings can be intensely rewarding. Just meeting you for the first time would be a great pleasure for me. Meeting your sister too doubles the pleasure. And in my old age, there is just so much pleasure I can take :) !

So, it's almost set... I can go about making reservations for brunch on April 20th (anniversary day) after the David Rudder and Lataye concert the previous evening at NJPAC (New Jersey Performing Arts Center) in Newark. I believe that I can count on the participation of the following WOH alumni and their friends or significant partners: Ana, Shelony, Serge, Leonel, Jude (?), Tayi (?), Yanique, and of course Guysanto too (if he can drag himself out of bed). There may be a few that I did not mention, but it's due to their near complete silence over the last couple of years, which makes me feel that they do not wish to bother at this point (and I certainly respect their position). I think that there will be a small core of WOH family members who will do their best to make up for our absent friends. In Florida, two years ago, we only had a few people, and believe me, we made the very best of it!!

In the New England area, I know that the following friends would be enthusiastic to lend their support and that they will be with us at least in spirit: Marilyn (she was there from the beginning and one of WOH's greatest supporters and Ann Pale's most prolific contributor until circumstances in her life forced her to slow down considerably and keep silent for the last year and a half. But I do have her in mind and wish to dedicate WOH's 10th anniversary to her resilient and most generous spirit. Thank you so much, Marilyn, for having been there with us and for us... for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health... In addition, we have Nekita (who, I am almost certain, could "surprise" us in New Jersey), Tayi (once again), Morisseau, and (who knows?) maybe even Gifrants (my great nemesis) who might wish to play his guitar to what WOH might have been if we ever let him run it. On this occasion, I wish to say that I would welcome everyone's participation, friend or foe alike. This, after all, is about the family we have had for the past 10 years (and every family has a crazy uncle, to say the least).

Not forgetting Chantalle, Ezili and other Connecticut friends.

Perhaps the New England branch of the family could organize something locally and get in touch...

Then there's the Florida branch (Frantz, Tidodo, Carline, Liline, Makendal, Empress Verite, etc). They could do the same.

Reaching to the north, there's of course our potomitan friend and colleague Jafrikayiti, Manzè Choublak, Jude (do you still intend to come to the Lataye concert?), Pitit Ginen, Michel-Ange Hyppolite, and others...

Coming back South, we will not forget our small family branches in New York State, Washington D.C. and Maryland, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, etc...

Finally, going back to THE SOURCE of our inspiration for a lifetime and beyond: our brothers in HAITI (Dondon, Cap-Haitien, Pandiassou, Port-au-Prince, Cayes, Jacmel, Port-à-Piment, Jérémie, ... ... ...) My friend Dunord (who I have not met), I give you the charge of organizing ALL OF OUR HAITIAN FRIENDS IN HAITI. I know that you are up to the task...

Did I say "finally"? You know that I can't mean that. I also have in mind other WOH family members that are dispersed throughout the world: France-Guadeloupe (Widy!!), Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Switzerland, South Korea, Dominican Republic, Cuba (yes, Cuba!)

And in spite of this world sweep, I know that I missed some of you who have provided me much comfort over the years of building and sacrifices to keep Windows on Haiti going. And it has gone on, well for 10 years!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to you! A few of us will be marking the occasion. Let us know if you wish to join us.

Whether you do or not, I'll drink to your health and to the advancement of HAITI and Haitian families throughout the world.

jafrikayiti

Post by jafrikayiti » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:52 am

Onè kanmarad,

Nan Ottawa n ap fè demach pou nou gen yon prezans fizik nan 10zyèm anivèsè WOH a kanmenm. Nou va konfime anvan lontan.

Jaf

Marilyn

WOH Reunion

Post by Marilyn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:45 am

Ann Pale'ers,

Forgive me for my silence the past more than a year.

I received Guy's email about the 10th Anniversary events in New Jersey and have already let him know that I would like to participate. My physical limitations would more than likely keep me from the concert but I'd sure like to camp out in the area to attend the brunch and be part of any other "hanging out" and conversing.

Marilyn

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:04 pm

OK, let's take a preliminary count.

The following people have indicated their likely participation in either the Lataye concert on Saturday April 19 or an anniversary brunch on Sunday April 20. [The brunch location has not been fixed yet, but it is most likely to take place at a location near Penn Station, Newark (if you have other ideas or suggestions, please express them while there is still a little bit of time.] :

1) Marilyn Mason and son

2) Jafrikayiti

3-4) Anacaona and Shelony

5) Jude (JGPalmis)

6) Michel-Ange Hyppolite (unclear)

7-8) Leonel Jean-Baptiste (Barnabas?)

9) Serge Bellegarde

10) Frantz Brillant

11) Tayi (unclear)

12) some guy called "Guysanto"

13) Tidodo

14) Padel

15) Claudette Werleigh

The last few people are scheduled to meet in Florida instead and connect to the New Jersey group by phone, by Skype, or other creative technology.

If you think that you would like to meet with your WOH family, please say so NOW (so we can make the arrangements, thank you).

Shelony

Post by Shelony » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:55 am

Yes, I am coming to the brunch and I am pretty sure that my sister will be there too. But we won't be at the concert.

Shelony (Shella Saint Fleur-Lominy)

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:37 am

Two more Ann Pale members confirmed their intention to come to the brunch: Steve (Polanve) and Anayiz.

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:42 am

Jman also promises to be there. Which brings the list of participants so far to 18. Stay tuned.

I will soon bring you some more information about the logistics.

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:33 am

[quote]I think that there will be a small core of WOH family members who will do their best to make up for our absent friends. In Florida, two years ago, we only had a few people, and believe me, we made the very best of it!!

In the New England area, I know that the following friends would be enthusiastic to lend their support and that they will be with us at least in spirit: Marilyn (she was there from the beginning and one of WOH's greatest supporters and Ann Pale's most prolific contributor until circumstances in her life forced her to slow down considerably and keep silent for the last year and a half. But I do have her in mind and wish to dedicate WOH's 10th anniversary to her resilient and most generous spirit. Thank you so much, Marilyn, for having been there with us and for us... for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health... In addition, we have Nekita (who, I am almost certain, could "surprise" us in New Jersey), Tayi (once again), Morisseau, and (who knows?) maybe even Gifrants (my great nemesis) who might wish to play his guitar to what WOH might have been if we ever let him run it. On this occasion, I wish to say that I would welcome everyone's participation, friend or foe alike. This, after all, is about the family we have had for the past 10 years (and every family has a crazy uncle, to say the least).

Not forgetting Chantalle, Ezili and other Connecticut friends.

Perhaps the New England branch of the family could organize something locally and get in touch...

Then there's the Florida branch (Frantz, Tidodo, Carline, Liline, Makendal, Empress Verite, etc). They could do the same.

Reaching to the north, there's of course our potomitan friend and colleague Jafrikayiti, Manzè Choublak, Jude (do you still intend to come to the Lataye concert?), Pitit Ginen, Michel-Ange Hyppolite, and others...

Coming back South, we will not forget our small family branches in New York State, Washington D.C. and Maryland, Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, etc...

Finally, going back to THE SOURCE of our inspiration for a lifetime and beyond: our brothers in HAITI (Dondon, Cap-Haitien, Pandiassou, Port-au-Prince, Cayes, Jacmel, Port-à-Piment, Jérémie, ... ... ...) My friend Dunord (who I have not met), I give you the charge of organizing ALL OF OUR HAITIAN FRIENDS IN HAITI. I know that you are up to the task...

Did I say "finally"? You know that I can't mean that. I also have in mind other WOH family members that are dispersed throughout the world: France-Guadeloupe (Widy!!), Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Switzerland, South Korea, Dominican Republic, Cuba (yes, Cuba!) [/quote]
And I almost forgot North Dakota!

"North Dakota?," you say. What Windows on Haiti community might there be in such a cold, vast, flat land, devoid of tropical heat? Well, a vibrant Windows on Haiti community that is! If only judging from the contributions of one great man in the Spirituality and Religion section, the Science (and theories of evolution) area, the debunking of false medical research mythology related to the onset of AIDS in America, the absolute respect for covenants (whether biblical or national as in the Constitution), etc... Yes, if only a community of one, but I am sure that there is so much more than meets the eye.

Go, North Dakota, go! We cannot say that we ever wanted to visit you, but do know that we would be highly honored if you join us in a more perfect Union.

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:48 pm

Of course, I won't forget you! But no one else knows who "PHOPHO" is, so you might want to introduce yourself.

GuySanto