Appreciation for Windows on Haiti

Leonel JB

Appreciation for Windows on Haiti

Post by Leonel JB » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:35 am

Well Guy,

I don't think that "thank you" is enough for me to describe your accomplishments and contributions.

Your Work, Eloquence, Intelligence, Wisdom is Outstanding.

Personally, I can not find any other way to show you my apreciation for that Masterpiece WOH.

Thousands Miles Away from my adopted and Real home, I can not make it sanely without the Ann Pale contributors. Every day, I can not wait to go on WOH and read from my extended family. I can't keep asking for Guy, Jaf, Zanf, Yaw, Nekita, Marilyn, Caroline, Justin, Serge, Widy and everyone else.

I learn, I agree, sometimes disagree and try to reason and have a final acceptance or compromise.

"Depi lontan Bon Moun ap ede Bon Moun".

I Honour you as a GREAT HAITIAN HERO. I think you need to hear that Presently, not post your final days.

I think also, it is about time for us Haitians to Honour our livin
g instead of the dead.

You don't need to thank us, we need to say:
THANK YOU!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 am

[quote]Thousands Miles Away from my adopted and Real home, I can not make it sanely without the Ann Pale contributors. Every day, I can not wait to go on WOH and read from my extended family.[/quote]
WOW! First of all, I must thank you for your appreciation of my efforts. Second, don't consider me a HERO, but simply someone who has tried very hard to be of service to his community. Third, the sentiment you expressed above in that quote truly overwhelms me. You speak of your "extended family". That is an extraordinary sentiment to have among people who often disagree with each other. It is proof that Haitians can engage in a national dialogue aimed to change their country for the better, to make it livable for all Haitians. What you are saying is that it is possible for us to take different sides of an issue, work towards a common understanding without insisting that our personal views must always prevail, a
nd finally realize that wherever we may be, whatever our social privileges, we are really one big family, and Haiti needs ALL OF US to make inroads in this 21st century.

Welcome to your extended family, and keep in mind that we always have room for more.

Guy

Lakat

Bravo!

Post by Lakat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:36 am

I am new to Ann Pale but not new to Guy Antoine and I add my admiration and support to the webmaster of Windows on Haiti! I, too, have spoken to others of Guy Antoine as a Hero of Haiti and I don't consider that hyperbole. I think it is right on the money! I looked up hero in the dictionary, as Guy seems to be too modest to accept this title. These two definitions fit him to a T but there are others like "illustrious warrior", "a central figure in an event, period or movement" and "an object of extreme admiration or devotion." Those might be too much for a man like Guy Antoine to live with, no matter how true they are. But these two should be restrained enough for him![quote]c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d : one that shows great courage [/quote]
I think this labor of love that is Windows on Haiti has been a sa
crifice for Guy as well as a blessing. That he insists on showing a balance of information, one to lift up his beloved Haiti and the other to expose the darkness that threatens to destroy her, is both beautiful and heroic.

Thank you, a thousand times thank you Guy Antoine! I know I will be thanking more of you as I get my feet wet in this lovely ocean of intelligent and compassionate posters. It's nice here!

warmest regards,

Kathy~

T-dodo

Post by T-dodo » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:57 pm

Even though I only joined Ann Pale Forum in October 2004, I have been a surfer and contributor in Windows On Haiti since 1998 or 1999 - can't remember the exact year. At the time, still early Internet Age and right after Gore invented it, I considered WOH the best source of cultural information and perspectives on Haiti. I am glad Kathy brought the post back so that I can add my views to it.

With Guy's perseverence, WOH had gone a long way since, and for the better. I believe it has shown our alma mater in such a positive and new way that was clearly not enough in the media in the US. From that standpoint I echo all the sentiments already expressed by Leonel and all the others who replied to this post.

At the same time, from what I understood, this has been a labor of love for Guy. Somehow, I am hopeful that the rewards from maintaining the site are worth the time that he put in it. This way, people can continue to enjoy the site
as we have done in the past and continue today.

I knew Guy through his writings on the Corbett list at about the same time, circa 1997. It was always a pleasure to read his posts because they were relevant, well written and balanced. I since copied his way of writing - not the changing the subject part, of course! I believe our community does not have enough people like him. Had it, we and our alma mater would all be better off today. If anything, Guy, you earned our respect and admiration.

I am grateful for your efforts. Besides informing and entertaining us, you also make us proud!

Jean-Marie

Empress Verite

Mesi Anpil Guy

Post by Empress Verite » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:03 pm

One and Respe Guysanto:

Thank you and you are a HERO for giving us this forum to be ourselves in all ways! Ganaives is proud I am sure for a son in the diaspora who continues to give us the means and strengths with which to fight oppression. In essence Windows On Haiti showcases the soul searchings and eyesight that our members and contributors do on a daily basis. We will get there with your help, Guy and your staff. This is a labor of love that I too turn too to stay abreast about what is happenning in Haiti at home and abroad. I am so happy with new internet development such as satelite and fast access which allows me to post more often and to even access this site and others.

Mesi anpil for what you do and what you have written on Corbett in our defense and to educate and annihilate. You've been a great facilitator standing between different voices and opinions with grace and bravery. I honor that and I am sure t
hat others do too. I had not seen this earlier because I would have added my own voice. To my defense, you have received my various responses to your posts on Corbett and my strong agreement and appreciation for your input.

Kenbe and we will get there.

Caroline

Hero!

Post by Caroline » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:02 pm

Guy -- Yes, you're a HERO. Modesty is just one of your heroic qualities and, although it might keep you from seeing yourself as we do, it doesn't change what you are to all of us.

we LOVE ya. And there ain't nothin you can do about it, either.

:P

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:32 pm

[quote]And there ain't nothin you can do about it, either. [/quote]
I know perfectly well how to put a stop to it. Wait till each one of you gets my bill at the end of the year.

Lakat

huh?

Post by Lakat » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:46 pm

[quote]I know perfectly well how to put a stop to it. Wait till each one of you gets my bill at the end of the year.[/quote]

Guy who?

Signed,

puzzled in Pasadena~

Caroline

Guy who?

Post by Caroline » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:49 am

Guy Santo (good lookin dude up in the left hand corner of yer screen).

Hi Kat!!! Long time no see.

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:52 am

Guy -- just give me another year to finish this graduate certificate in nonprofit fundraising... then your bills won't scare me a bit!
Come to think of it -- maybe then *I'll* be a hero too!

Lakat

Hey Caroline!

Post by Lakat » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:06 am

Good to see you again and especially good to see you in WOH. Thanks for the heads up on Guy, NOW I remember who he is. I think he scared it right out of me!

And Caroline, you already are a hero...or heroine in this case!

Best wishes on your educational goals!

kat~

Post by » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:58 pm

Caroline, Lakat, Empress, Pauline, kote nou ye???

Se vre Nekita ak Marilyn byen reprezante jan feminen an, epi sanble Marie-Therèse vle fè yon ti pèse tout, men an jeneral, kote fanm yo?

Si nou APRESYE WINDOWS ON HAITI jan nou di l la, montre nou sa. Pa rete absan konsa.

Windows on Haiti pou tout fanm tou!

Carline

Post by Carline » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:27 pm

http://yelims5.free.fr/TopOuNul/Applaudissements05.gifhttp://yelims5.free.fr/TopOuNul/Applaudissements05.gifhttp://yelims5.free.fr/TopOuNul/Applaudissements05.gifhttp://yelims5.free.fr/TopOuNul/Applaudissements05.gif

I wanted to say thank you to Guy for putting together such a well-thought-of website. I've been a fan of his work for years now and have always been drawn to the integrity and passion that he so diligently applies to WOH.
I am overwhelmingly excited and happy to now be an official member of this great family.

Anacaona_

Post by Anacaona_ » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:05 am

Carline,

Welcome to Ann Pale.

Anacaona!