Voodooist attack at ceremony for Haiti victims

Dunord

Taliban "Christian Style"

Post by Dunord » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 am

What is this a 'born again' manifestation? Pat Robertson and Usama bin Laden will be pleased their message is being heard.
Should not these "Christians" be more worried about the living and than the dead?

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 pm

These people violated the law of the land on freedom of conscience. If they are connected to any church at all, it shouldn't be a problem to track them down and find their leader. It's one thing to disagree with vodou (which I do), but it's quite another thing to disrupt their apparently peaceful meeting. One has no right to do that and I don't think the country can or should go to another campaign of 'rejete'.

gelin

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:30 pm

[quote]..."There's absolutely a heightened spiritual conflict between Christianity and Voodoo since the quake," said Pastor Frank Amedia of the Miami-based Touch Heaven Ministries who has been distributing food in Haiti and proselytizing "We would give food to the needy in the short term but if they refused to give up Voodoo, I'm not sure we would continue to support them in the long term because we wouldn't want to perpetuate that practice. We equate it with witchcraft, which is contrary to the Gospel.[/quote]
This pastor Frank Amedia seems confused about the Gospel. If he means the Gospel of Jesus-Christ, he is partly wrong; but there are other gospels out there....

gelin

Leoneljb

Post by Leoneljb » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 am

Not Surprised at all. I always believed that every" Monotheist" Religion is based on violence... Take the invasion of the "COLONS" with the Bible and Religion...
In the Great book, it advocates violence towards Non-Believers (Canaanites)etc.
In the New Testament, take psalm 108 or 109 for instance.
Not surprised at all.
Leonel

Tayi

Post by Tayi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 am

[quote]I always believed that every" Monotheist" Religion is based on violence...[/quote]
Naive overstatement. I think there are instances of violence in the Good Book, but not to the point of saying the whole religion is based on violence as if violence were the cause or essence of the religion. If it were true then you would be shocked by the fact that the religion can produce the Mother Teresas, the Martin Luther Kings, the Gelins, etc. And yet deep down I do not believe you are shocked at all by these figures. Rather you expect the religion to produce such as these.

[quote]In the New Testament, take psalm 108 or 109 for instance.[/quote]
I think you made an innocent mistake here. The Psalms are in the Old Testament not the New.

Tayi

"Love your enemies!" --some obscure guy a couple thousand years ago said that.

Leoneljb

Post by Leoneljb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 am

Oh Great, Tayi is finally back!
You mean to tell me there's a huge difference between the Old and New Testament?
You know, I have not found that "Brotherly Love" which is the base of Christianity!
Personally, Tayi, I think that you and Gelin are different from the other Christians I've met. For, let's look at Pat Robinson, Jerry Falwell and the high percentage of Christians in the USA and elsewhere... Also, let's look at other religious groups such as Muslim, Jewish etc., where is the LOVE?
One thing, they all have in common is: If you're not one of them or if you're an "Infidel", there will no compassion at all... Is this Love?
I have to get back later, Bro.
Leonel

jafrikayiti

Post by jafrikayiti » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Unfortunately, these Christian Talibans are scripturally in the right. Their reaction is part of the Christian tradition, from Abraham to Ratzinger.

A few years ago, on this board, this is how we were addressing the topic:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 00273.html

[quote]it is not the Gospel according to Jerry Fallwell, but the Christian Bible that identifies a "chosen people" to whom "god" not only gives the right to steal, plunder other people's property but, he actively involves himself in these Zenglendo acts - such as described in the book of Joshua where the sun was ordered to stop in its course (which is a complete non-sense - but knowing what happened to Galileo for pointing this out, I'll keep quiet) so that Joshua and his gang could complete its assassination campaign against the Amorites whose land they had set their eyes upon. This is after the same "god" is said to have spent energy throwing hailstones from the sky to kill the Amorites.... but somehow, "almighty god himself", Joshua and the gang ran out of time and needed more day light to complete their zenglendo activities.[/quote]

Until we do our homework and produce enough material that exposes how racist, violent, supertitious and damaging the christian theology and its sects are to the mind of Africans worldwide (Haiti included), we will continue to live these sad outbursts of violence among members of the same family, be it in Haiti, the Sudan, Nigeria or elsewhere.

As robe-wearing pedophiles continue to make long pious prayers while preying with impunity on the most vulnerable among us, can we afford to pray to the same "god" as theirs - with both eyes closed?

Jafrikayiti
"superstition ain't the way! "

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Date: Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:14 AM
Subject: Saint-Vil (comment) to prevent escalation of religious violence in Haiti
[quote]

On YouTube, I watched this recent violent attack made by Haitian evangelical zealots on a Vodou ceremony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXdCSLVu-ZY

This is an alarming situation. Bold and respected leaders must immediately step up, condemn these barbaric attacks and help prevent an escalation of this sort of nonsensical violence. Haiti cannot afford a repeat of the racist 1940s "rejete" campaign. Another bloody fight between Eurocentric superstition and Afrocentric superstition will only make more Haitian victims.

Unfortunately, in as much as I am hoping that responsible voices within the Christian community will (sooner rather than too late) rise to condemn the Christian Talibans we see on the above video, I must in all honesty admit that they are 'scripturally in the right'. That is, their reaction is an integral part of the Christian tradition, from Abraham to Pope Benedict - Ratzinger.

A few years ago, on another discussion forum, this is how we were addressing the topic:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 00273.html

Quote:

it is not the Gospel according to Jerry Falwell, but the Christian Bible that identifies a "chosen people" to whom "god" not only gives the right to steal, plunder other people's property but, he actively involves himself in these Zenglendo acts - such as described in the book of Joshua where the sun was ordered to stop in its course (which is a complete non-sense - but knowing what happened to Galileo for pointing this out, I'll keep quiet) so that Joshua and his gang could complete its assassination campaign against the Amorites whose land they had set their eyes upon. This is after the same "god" is said to have spent energy throwing hailstones from the sky to kill the Amorites.... but somehow, "almighty god himself", Joshua and the gang ran out of time and needed more day light to complete their zenglendo activities.

As robe-wearing pedophiles continue to make long pious prayers while preying with impunity on the most vulnerable among us, can we, African survivors of the MAAFA, afford to pray to the same "god" as theirs - with both eyes closed?

I contend that until we do our homework and produce enough material that exposes how racist, violent, superstitious and damaging...the traditional imperialist (Christian in the case of Haiti) theologies and their ethnocentric sects are to the peaceful existence of conquered peoples worldwide, we will continue to live these sad outbursts of violence among the human family, be it in Haiti, the Sudan, Nigeria or elsewhere.

In 2010, can we not conceive a truly civilized and universal god?

Jafrikayiti
"Stevie sings: superstition ain't the way! Boukmann said: "jete vye potre bondye blan yo ki swaf dlo nan je nou. Koute libète ki pale nan kè nou tout!"

www.godisnotwhite.com
[/quote]

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Jaf, I believe that you were referring to one of the most spirited debates that took place on Ann Pale. The link has changed (multiple times, because of attacks against the site) but the threads have for the most part been faithfully preserved. Check it out:

http://winterludes.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6320

jafrikayiti

Post by jafrikayiti » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am

Guy, mèsi anpil pou detere ou detere koneksyon sa a. Mwen te tonbe sou sa mwen bay pi o a pa aza e mwen pat sonje si se sou soc-culture.haiti osnon sou annpale diskisyon an te fèt. Mwen kontan repase tout braselide ki te fèt ak patisipasyon Empress, Gelin, Leonel elat...

Echanj sa yo itil menm lè volim diskisyon sou fowom nan diminye detanzantan.

Kenbe fèm!

Jaf