Culinary Arts Institute
3 broiler-fryer chickens (3 pounds each), cut in pieces
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup soybean oil
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 green hot pepper or 3 dried Italian pepper pods
2 cups chicken stock
3 pounds fresh green peas, shelled
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Season chicken with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven and sauté the chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides.
3. In a mortar, pound to a paste the shallot and garlic. Add seasoning paste, thyme, green hot pepper, 1 cup stock, and peas to the chicken. Reduce heat and simmer covered 25 minutes or until chicken pieces are tender.
4. Remove chicken, peas, and hot pepper to a heated platter and keep hot. Add remaining stock to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil.
Mix butter and cornstarch and add to stock. Stir until sauce is slightly thicker. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Garnish chicken with chopped parsley and serve sauce in a sauceboat.
About 10 servings
1 post • Page 1 of 1