Why should illegals get anything free?

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Guy's Note: This view is posted for the purpose of soliciting your reactions and for starting a debate about immigration earnestly on these pages.

Lower Hudson Online
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20070811/OPINION/708110318/1016/OPINION02

Would someone please tell me how and why it is that my fore-parents were brought to this county in chains, beaten, hung from trees, shot, hosed down with water, dogs sicked on them. And I am an American-born English speaking woman, been working since I was 12 years of age, paying into the system, have to pay for my doctor visits, hospital stays, medicine that I take, glasses to see, dentures and anything else that I may need or want. Yet an illegal Latino Hispanic alien can come into America on Monday, go to welfare (oh, excuse me, Social Services) on Tuesday. Mind you now, not having worked one day in this country; can get anything they want or need for "free."

Remember now, my parents weren't illegal nor legal immigrants, they were brought here in chains, and I've worked from childhood in the '30s to adulthood in the '90s. I have to pay for all that I want or need. But illegal immigrants can freeload on my taxes.

Why? Please, someone tell me. Something is truly wrong with this picture. I've worked all my life and haven't received anything free, period, and better not ask. Haitians, Jamaicans, West Indians, blacks are shipped back to their home countries, but not the Latino Hispanics. Why?

Willa Suber

Elmsford