Palin must be one of the most knowledgeable candidates ever

Guysanto
Site Admin

Palin must be one of the most knowledgeable candidates ever

Post by Guysanto » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:55 am

Governor Sarah Palin, in a CBS News interview with Katie Couric

[quote]Asked what newspapers and magazines she reads, Palin - a journalism major in college - could not name one publication.

"I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media," she said at first. Couric responded, "What, specifically?"

"Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

"Can you name a few?"

"I have a vast variety of source where we get our news," Palin said. "Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, 'wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?' Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America."[/quote]

Wow!

Leoneljb

Post by Leoneljb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 am

I started to believe that McCain has either Dementia or Alzheimer.
I know that the Republicans have better than that. There are Smarter Women in the Republican Party.
This Woman has no clue at all. It is painful to watch her trying to answer things she does not know Sh... about.
She is a liar and she is not qualified to be a manager of a grocery store (no offense).
She can see Russia from Alaska. Therefore, she has Foreign policy experience.
Go to CNN, then you will see a little village of about 150 people. This is the closest to Russia and Palin did not ever set feet in this place where there is no sewer or running water. Trashes are dumped in the Ocean. Now, I understand what type of Foreign experience she has....
I got to Go. Obama is having a speech!
leonel

Serge

Post by Serge » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Guy, it does seem indeed that the woman must be incredibly smart, so smart in fact that she always sounds dumb.

But all jokes put aside, Guy and Leonel, I have a lot of apprehension about Biden. His task is going to be most difficult for the following reasons:

1) I think that the Republicans have been able to lower the bar so much that anything she does will look excellent. The Republican machine is already in place;

2) Biden will have to be in constant control, lest he be accused, like McCain last week, of being condescending, arrogant or sexist.

3) Finally, I have seen some tapes of Palin in debate while she was a candidate for Governor. The woman was very articulate, sure of herself, looking very much at ease. It was unbelievable. The Palin we see now is the exact opposite of the one I saw on that video, to the point that we can almost ask whether we have a case of bipolar disorder.

So, for all those reasons, Biden'd better not underestimate anyone. In any case, if I saw the tapes, he must have them too and he must know her well. As the football coach would say to his players: it is a matter of execution!

One more day to go!

Serge

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:51 pm

I completely agree, Serge. I don't think that Sarah is dumb at all. She just SOUNDS dumb in all 3 of her recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and Katie Couric. Well, maybe not so dumb after all, but at least terribly unprepared for the role that is assigned to her. Then again, remember Dan Quayle?

Hmm...

Nobody becomes Governor of any State in the Nation by being dumb. Not even George Bush. But being unprepared can make anyone sound dumb. And many people cannot tell the difference between "being dumb" and "sounding dumb". Unfortunately in America, "sounding dumb" has become a virtue in some circles, not the least powerful at that! "Sounding dumb" and "acting reckless" at the service of core constituencies can take someone very far indeed! You just have to look at our current leadership, though calling it "leadership" is a gross distortion of reality.

I swear to you, Sarah is a smart cookie. Maybe the smartest of them all. I hope that Biden is not underestimating her. She can be a charmer. The President of Pakistan fell under the charm of her foreign policy inexperience which, I imagine, is dizzying. And I bet, millions of men in this country fantasize about her... They will forgive her for being an airhead on TV, as long as she winks their way. Besides, the lady knows what she wants. Nothing less than fulfilling the Prophecy. She has not attended those Assemblies of God, all those years, for nothing. She is here to lead us in the End Times.

We might as well give her some baby Nuclear Codes to practice with now! After all, what are the odds that McCain will survive the next eight years without falling victim to Alzheimer? Not good, if you ask me. President Reagan seemed a lot sharper as he began his first term. McCain does not look good, does not sound good, behaves erratically, flip flops practically every day, and did I mention that he does not look good? If it weren't for Palin, where would he be today? In Cindy's dog house! Give the Man his due, he may not remember how many houses he owns, but he knew instinctively how to save his flagging campaign. His first choice may have been Lieberman (who is not as pretty as Palin) and is so much more of a bore that I genuinely feel like saying "Thank you, John!!!!!" (Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.) But he did prove how much of a maverick he was by picking the single most unprepared politician in all the land and sticking it where it hurts the most. In our collective intellect, that is.

Sarah met her first two tests in brilliant fashion: first, she read so well from the teleprompter at the RNC that I firmly believe that she will read just as well from the lips of a mentor strategically planted in the debate's audience this Thursday evening. [The Democrats should counter by having in the audience so many hockey moms with lipstick, simultaneously mouthing their own answers to the moderator's questions... answers so silly that Sarah will not be able to resist any of them, forgetting to read the silly non-answers of her real mentor and feeling giddy at participating in a nationally broadcast TV game and beauty contest.]; second, she had the rare insight that men coexisted with dinosaurs... still do today! And you think she's wrong? We coexist with McCain and Lieberman, do we not?

Yes, the lady is a charmer and quite the man-eater. What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull, she says... "Lipstick?," don't you believe it! Boobs may be closer to the truth. You may be able to put lipstick on a pig, but I would never try it on a pit bull. Besides, her campaign felt indignant that she was being compared to a pig. "A pig has so many teats," they said, "perhaps as many as 32. Our lovely governor only has two, and well suited for nursing too." And they should know. Male eyes have been wandering ever since. Who cares if she says a dumb thing or two?

Please don't accuse me for being sexist! [oh God, I mean, don't accuse me OF being sexist.] Always had a problem with my prepositions. When Putin rears his head over American Airspace, whom do you think he's looking at? You, me, or a nursing mother in Alaska? Experience tells. Foreign experience, that is.

In conclusion, my friends, Sarah is not dumb (in my humble opinion). In America, one has to be SMART to sound so dumb. Americans fell in love with "dumb and reckless" seven years ago and are just beginning to fall out of love with "reckless". Can you blame Sarah for playing dumb and dumber while dumb is still in fashion? She knows what she wants... and she's got her eyes on "(something)". [Fill in the blank.]

"Misunderestimate" her and she may just end up winning it.

Guysanto
Site Admin

McCain: I routinely turn to Palin for foreign policy advice.

Post by Guysanto » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:03 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/01/mcc ... in-advice/

[quote]McCain: I routinely turn to Palin for foreign policy advice.
By Amanda Terkel at 11:50 am

McCain: I routinely turn to Palin for foreign policy advice.

In an interview this morning with NPR, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said that he has often turned to Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) for foreign policy advice:

NPR: Given what you've said Senator, is there an occasion where you could imagine turning to Governor Palin for advice in a foreign policy crisis.

MCCAIN: I've turned to her advice many times in the past, I can't imagine turning to Senator Obama or Senator Biden because they've been wrong. They were wrong about Iraq, wrong about Russia –

NPR: But would you turn to Governor Palin?

MCCAIN: I certainly wouldn't turn to them, and I've already turned to Governor Palin particularly on energy issues and I've appreciated her background and knowledge on that and many other issues.

According to the McCain campaign, Palin's foreign policy experience that the senator is relying upon includes: 1) the fact that Alaska is near Russia, and 2) she allegedly “knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America.” In the NPR interview, McCain talked about Palin's proximity to Russia, stating that it was important because “they have had certain relationships.” (They haven't.)[/quote]

Leoneljb

Post by Leoneljb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:36 pm

SMART COOKIE???
I doubt it! I also am having difficulties when people are trying to hide their sexist Behavior by playing with other's minds.
The republicans want to use their last card. They are trying to unroot Biden's tough stances on issues. Please! Women and Men are Equal! Therefore, no preferential Treatment! Biden needs to go for the Jugular! The Republicans wouldn't go easy on a Female Candidate. Why would the Democrats?
Stay tuned! Based on my observations, She is not Bright! She, like GW, tries to take on unknown issues and answer something else. In other words, Hors du Sujet...
Leonel

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:38 pm

John McCain said:
[quote]I can't imagine turning to Senator Obama or Senator Biden because they've been wrong. They were wrong about Iraq...[/quote]
I don't understand how Obama and Biden were both wrong about Iraq. Obama opposed the War from the beginning. Biden supported it (along with McCain). If Biden was wrong, so was McCain... and Obama was therefore right!

John McCain said:
[quote]I routinely turn to Palin for foreign policy advice. [/quote]
Liar, liar, pants on fire!

[quote]
She is not Bright! She, like GW...[/quote]
Well, GW is POTUS. Sarah is GOAK. You only have to be as smart as the people who elect you. But seriously... there are all kinds of intelligence. When one lacks interest and capacity for understanding in a certain area, one may well (over)compensate for it in other areas.

[quote]They are trying to unroot Biden's tough stances on issues.[/quote]
I don't think he's so tough, Leonel. I hope I am wrong, but I think that he is quite vulnerable. I respect Obama's pick, but I definitely would have selected someone else as V.P. Thank God, they kept the selection out of my hands (or I would have been in even deeper trouble with Tidodo. He hasn't spoken to me since. I think he's mad at all of us.)

I reluctantly support Biden. [Anyway, Obama will survive the next eight years and any assassination attempt. How do I know? My guardian angel likes to gossip...]

Anyway, I don't think that Biden should go for the jugular. Men and women are not equal in all respects! We're not talking about Hillary Clinton here. We're talking about a lady who can face a moose and bring its testicles home for dinner. If I were Biden, I would be very careful...

Barb

Post by Barb » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:21 am

I would truly prefer to be represented by an adult in the White House. The executive branch has the most power and influence in foreign affairs and rather less impact on domestic affairs.

The author, Terry Pratchett, of whom I am a fan, writes that a king need only look noble and be able to wave a sword. The powers behind the throne can handle the rest. Gore Vidal described a President Reagan propped up and smiling while the rest of the operatives emptied the store and carried out the furniture. There seems to be a formula of having a front person who can play the folksy "real American" President while big time looting of the treasury goes on in the back room.

Given Haiti's masterful kleptocracy, I wonder, and not for the first time, who exactly is teaching whom when the Republicans get so interested in spreading Democracy in Haiti.

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:04 pm

...an adult in the White House? Hmm... that's a new one on me. Perhaps you should elaborate.

Do you mean an adult as opposed to a senior who is prone to tamper tantrums, who changes his mind at least twice a day on major issues, who has no idea how many "toys" he has, who likes to imagine himself as a "maverick" super-hero type... OR do you mean an adult as opposed to (well, let me stop here before I get in trouble) ?

[quote]Given Haiti's masterful kleptocracy, I wonder, and not for the first time, who exactly is teaching whom when the Republicans get so interested in spreading Democracy in Haiti.[/quote]
Just ask yourself who the real masters have been, are, and will be for the foreseeable future. A kleptocrat is a kleptocrat, but who is more likely to have learned from the other, the ones who steal millions or the ones who steal tens of billions in no time flat?

Anyway, back to the beauty Queen who need only wear lipstick and be able to wink and "get back to ya!" ...